HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: UNCW Adds Tyree Graham

212 lbs is fat if you sit around at ECU everyday chuggin Natural Lights and getting your degree in circus management.
    UNCW - Where beating #1 happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ClevelandHawk View Post
    212 lbs is fat if you sit around at ECU everyday chuggin Natural Lights and getting your degree in circus management.
    How many UNCW posters troll around ECU boards? Not many, I suppose.

So why does this guy "Stll Jonsen" have such a fascination with UNCW??

Enough with the ECU stuff guys. Personally, I'd like to join in, you know that I would,but I can't and we need to keep it tight on this board so that it doesn't get stupid. You guys know this. In all fairness, he made a decent point. Okay StillJ-this doesn't give you the green light here just keeping it fair. He will have to be at 200 lbs at least to be effective in all likelihood but that is far easier than putting on weight.

The biggest issue is for Jumpin to give the green light. What in the world? I really hope that he can get back to being an effective producer and leader. It's a chance, but it's a worth a shot. UConn was looking at him at one point so he must have been pretty good at some point. I hope that he fits in well with Craig, Tanner and Freddie and they have a good mix. I still like Ponder as a PG and hope they can play some together.
    Last edited by billthebighawkfan; 04-11-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Everyone is talking about as if it's a done deal...did I miss the official announcement?
    Bleed Teal and Gold!

He signed today Herbie.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

The reason I give him the nod is simple-he can play and would be the best guard to play at UNCW since Goldsberry.He could start at either spot and be the best backcourt player on this team with ease.I have heard Ponder is pretty good but the people I know that have seen both play at full strength say that Graham is a lot better than Ponder.
    I don't really get the deal with him getting another year but it would certainly help UNCW to have this type of player for 2 years.I also think that Rendleman would want to play this season with this guy and not redshirt.

Graham is not nearly as good as TJ Carter. I saw Tyree play a JUCo game and the best label is that he is a crafty scorer. If we are going to be successful I feel that the bench mark is our shooting guard needs to be at that level or above.
    Hearing the call of the mid majors to rise up and defeat the BCS Industrial Complex.

The NCAA can be pretty stupid, but I'd imagine they'll give him an extra year after missing two full seasons at Rutgers.

Don't forget that Graham plays on both ends of the court and my personal take on it is that he is better than Carter but not as athletic or flashy but all around a much more talented player.Carter could shoot a little and drive right not left,no handle,poor playmaker/passer and very poor defender.Carter could score as a jr/sr if he could stay on the floor long enough and not get pulled for defense or ballhandling.I would take this guy over Carter all day long.This guy can play the 1or 2 and defend both spots nd Carter could not play point and could guard either spot.Carter scored and I am guessing maybe 14 pts a game as a senior shooting guard and shot the 3 very poorly and so that means most his points came from the drive and the free throw.Good way to score of course but hardly elite.i think people only remember his big shots and wild drives to the basket and forget the rest.Graham is a better player-period.If you saw him at BCC you also saw him play on one leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Hawk View Post
    Graham is not nearly as good as TJ Carter. I saw Tyree play a JUCo game and the best label is that he is a crafty scorer. If we are going to be successful I feel that the bench mark is our shooting guard needs to be at that level or above.
    Last edited by jumpinmullet; 04-12-2012 at 10:32 AM.

mullet, in 05-06, Carter was the leading scorer on a team that won 25 games, accounting for 20 % of the scoring on that team. This despite yielding minutes to guys like Taylor Lay and Daniel Fountain.

He was also 3rd in rebounding (4.1 rpg) and 2nd in steals (1.3), so I don't get the argument that he didn't play D. He was benched his first 2 years for that, but no chance he averages 26 minutes per game under Brownell if he didn't play D that season. No chance we win 25 games either if he didn't D up.

And even after his hernia surgery and playing under Benny Moss he still threw up 15.8 ppg, 5.5 rpg, and 1.3 spg.

Graham would have to be pretty damn good after tearing an ACL and rupturing an achilles to top TJ's resume for his 1-2 years here. Let's see if he's healthy first before making claims like that.
    Last edited by Seahawk Nation 08; 04-12-2012 at 12:15 PM.