Quote Originally Posted by andy7171 View Post
Good luck to GStU in the stupid Sunbelt. FBS in name alone. Win the conference go on to the New Orleans Bowl, Whoopie!
You sound a bit envious of GSU because in a few years they may have a shot doing battle wit power-houses like Rice or Eastern Michigan in the “Beef 'O' Brady's Bowl”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_'O'_Brady's_Bowl

Yeah, some day, some day……….

I’m thinking that since the only way to move a program up to Div 1 is to join a conference and the trend among existing BCS conferences is to grow to 14-16 teams, I think there's a possibility Towson and other CAA teams may end up joining a struggling BCS conference as a group.

My guess would be Conf USA? *

They’re down to 8 and I wouldn’t be surprised to see more schools leave. *

While we may not be ready, so are many teams playing Div 1 FBall currently. Ie., Duke, North Texas, Tulane, E. Michigan, etc.,*

They can keep the “Beef ‘O’ Brady Bowl”. We’ll create our own….. Like the Sunbelt, *another conference could create more bowls *to extend the season.

Outside of the “Pizza Palace Bowl” a FBS conference Towson plays in could also participate in bowls such as; *“Swallow at the Hollow Bowl”, “Uncle Wiggly’s Bowl”, “Kent Lounge Bowl”, “Elks Lodge Bowl”, “Wells Discount Liquor Bowl” *etc., etc., *