JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: UNCW Basketball: Another offseason trainwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon 2 View Post
    Nothing like embarassing yourself and your school on a public message board.
    Can't... Stop... Laughing...

Seriously, milk through the nose and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk Nation 08 View Post
    And now rumor has it that Buzz Peterson may be joining Larry Brown at SMU as an assistant. Not altogether surprising. App St. fans know what Buzz is REALLY like.
    Jerry Wainwright might be available. I don't remember much about his departure, but did he burn many bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Jerry Wainwright might be available. I don't remember much about his departure, but did he burn many bridges?
    He still lives in Wilmington last I heard but I doubt he'd have any interest.

In any case UNCW basketball beat writer Brian Mull tweeted that Buzz is still at UNCW and going to be here "a long time". We'll see......

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk Nation 08 View Post
    In any case UNCW basketball beat writer Brian Mull tweeted that Buzz is still at UNCW and going to be here "a long time". We'll see......
    My goodness...the man was caught trying to sneak out of town THIS WEEKEND! There is zero chance Larry Brown was negotiating for himself and Buzz without Peterson being a party to it.

I don't care who tweets how long he'll be here.

Quote Originally Posted by 70sHawk View Post
    My goodness...the man was caught trying to sneak out of town THIS WEEKEND! There is zero chance Larry Brown was negotiating for himself and Buzz without Peterson being a party to it.

I don't care who tweets how long he'll be here.
    Any facts?
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Quote Originally Posted by SEA33HAWK View Post
    Any facts?

Sure. The fact that Peterson did not deny that he had any foreknowledge of Larry Brown's negotiating a potential situation that included him. His statement, "I want everyone to know that I'm not a candidate for any other job. Period.", in no way said that the story published in the Dallas newspaper and by NBC Sports was not true.

And it in no way said that said if it was true that he was as shocked as the rest of us were that Larry Brown would presumably be negotiating a coaching situation that included him without his permission. It just said that at the particular point in time that he made the statement that he wasn't a candidate. The non-denial denial.

Kelly Merthens played word games all the time like that while she was job-shopping. Bill Clinton was good at that, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0

Larry Brown is 71..why coach SMU? Buzz would get pummeled in the Big East..so the coach in waiting scenario is a joke. Put 1 winning season together at UNCW first.If he stays and gets fired at UNCW or continues to lose..he won't land a Big East HCing job. This way he can leave town and be carried by his UNC buddies. Fogler got him paid at UNCW and Brown could.get him a Big East job thru the backdoor. Not that farfetched. What does Buzz owe UNCW if he stays after June 1st? He owes 400k if he leaves before June 1st. We could be hearing a lot of " I am going to be at UNCW for along time" talk for 1.5 months and then he bolts.
    Last edited by hawkfan4life; 04-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by 70sHawk View Post
    Sure. The fact that Peterson did not deny that he had any foreknowledge of Larry Brown's negotiating a potential situation that included him. His statement, "I want everyone to know that I'm not a candidate for any other job. Period.", in no way said that the story published in the Dallas newspaper and by NBC Sports was not true.

And it in no way said that said if it was true that he was as shocked as the rest of us were that Larry Brown would presumably be negotiating a coaching situation that included him without his permission. It just said that at the particular point in time that he made the statement that he wasn't a candidate. The non-denial denial.

Kelly Merthens played word games all the time like that while she was job-shopping. Bill Clinton was good at that, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0
    Well welcome to the world of coaching. How many coaches in the NCAA wouldn't at least entertain any job offers. And I'm not saying for sure that Buzz wouldn't bolt. But I don't know that for sure, and neither do you. If he does, I'll be right there on the Byington train.

Now, back to the facts. You took some facts and added a speculation. You still have not shown any proof that Buzz was ready to go anywhere. And please understand me. I'm not saying that he's not trying to find another job. But this is very much the norm in this arena. And I am at the point that I don't care if he stays or goes. I think we have a chance of him staying and still getting this ship righted. If not, then we should have a great shot at getting Byington. Plus, you people who are thinking heavy about Wainright coming back. I don't know that it would be a bad idea overall. But I do remember him saying the same thing that Buzz is saying now before he took off. Then there's the continued friendship with Capaccio.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Jerry took UNCW to the NCAA tourny twice plus won a NCAA game on a lesser salary than what Buzz currently makes. He left Brownell in good shape too. Buzz just seems to be tip toeing out the door now that the kitchen is getting hot. Big difference to me. No big shocker that 2 notorious UNC job hoppers would be tied together. Davidson should have changed the carpet in 1972.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

What friggin difference. Jerry said he was not going anywhere. Money talked and he left. He said the same thing in Richmond and money talked, and he left. But why should anyone blame him for moving up and taking care of his family. If you were content at the time with the job you had, but suddenly offered better. Tell me you wouldn't at least consider it. Damn if I wouldn't. I didn't blame Jerry for improving his financial situation. Nor will I blame Buzz. I was very disappointed when Jerry left. But I still understood.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons