HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Lady Dukes Outlook 2012-2013

After one of the best seasons in school hisotry, we have ALOT to look forward to the next few years. Hopefully we can bring some good teams tpo the convo (hard to do), win some big ones, and get back to the NCAA Tournament. The WNIT run will do wonders for this years team and the years ahead.

I know Kenny said we are trying to get either a home and home or a 2-1 with Maryland starting next year. Maryland will be top 5 the next few years so that would be a great challenge. Hopefully (well, maybe) we can get a UVA series started again next year.

Bringing in some fabolous Freshman. Angela Mickens (PG) will start at the point from day 1, moving tarik back to the off guard spot. Precious Hall should also contribute at a somehwat thin Guard position, and Destiney Jones (http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...madison-signee) should also see minutes down low. Gwathmey is also available next year, and is said to be an absolute stud.

Time to win ourselves a CAA championship!

Default Re: Lady Dukes Outlook 2012-2013

I never understood why good teams would try and avoid good competition. If UVA tries to avoid us, it sure states that we are a much better team than they are (proven on the court) and that they are a bunch of wussies.

This WNIT run in my opinion has been the best thing to happen to this team and community. And hopefully it shows in the new upcoming, not yet signed, recruiting class, fan support, and wins next season.

JMU will be very strong but Delaware has its top 4 players coming back. JMU could be a top 25 team in the nation. Delaware could be a top 5 team in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremybozz View Post
    JMU will be very strong but Delaware has its top 4 players coming back. JMU could be a top 25 team in the nation. Delaware could be a top 5 team in the nation.
    we saw what Delaware has, though. If Delle Donne has even a remotely off game, they have nothing. They play a team that has a bunch of big, physical defenders and they cant do it. THey will be tough in the CAA, but on a national scale, I dont see it.

That certainly showed against Kansas.

Don't forget about Kanita Shepherd coming back from her knee injury. She is a strong rSr coming into the rotation.

i see the starting lineup looking 1 of 2 ways. either: 1. Mickens 2. Hislop 3. Burkholder 4. Giggetts 5. Newman OR 1. Mickens 2. Hislop 3. Burkholder 4. Newman 5. Shepherd/Ross

I wouldn't be surprised if all of our incoming freshman red shirts. Mickens is PG, I doubt she take Tarik's spot next year. You could see a combination between Hislop and Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by hburg View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if all of our incoming freshman red shirts. Mickens is PG, I doubt she take Tarik's spot next year. You could see a combination between Hislop and Anderson.
    I could see Destiney and Precious possibly redshirting, but I know for a fact Mickens will be thrown in at the 1 from day one moving Tarik to the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremybozz View Post
    UD top 5? Ahhh, no. Top 10? Possibly? But I really like JMUs chances next year to take the conference title.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHYqg...eature=related

"Don't be an idiot son, I can't coach idiots" ~Mickey Matthews