HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default What will be the penalties levied against ODU?

The Virginia Pilot has an article today highlighting the fact that many ODU athletes have received legal representation from Pete Decker (or one of his partners) over the years. I love how this all started when Bazemore's case came to light and Pete Decker "volunteered... that he represented athletes as a 'fan and a friend' without going through the university. Nobody pays me; I do it for free."

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/03/lawy...-many-monarchs

"Debbie White, ODU's senior associate athletic director, said no current student-athletes would be available to comment. White said earlier this week that ODU is satisfied Bazemore made payment and that no further investigation of his arrangement with Decker is necessary."

I love that quote. No further investigation is needed. What will the penalties be? I say the basketball program should be given the Death Penalty.

Death penalty? That's just silly and would have a negative effect on the whole CAA. As Mason fans, we should not root for our brethren to get a "death penalty". This is a minor issue.
    ZoneAdmin
    zoneadmin@caazone.com

CAAZone.com would like to thank all of you for your continued support of this website and our sponsors! Suggestions? Ideas? We'd love to hear them. Email us at: info@caazone.com

Default Re: What will be the penalties levied against ODU?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneAdmin View Post
    Death penalty? That's just silly and would have a negative effect on the whole CAA. As Mason fans, we should not root for our brethren to get a "death penalty". This is a minor issue.
    Relax. It was a joke. You don't think I was serious do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoneAdmin View Post
    a minor issue? covering up crimes is a minor issue? I'm sure the folks at OSU thought tattoos were minor...
    Razor Ramon 2
    Hall of Fame

Re: ODU deserves new conference

Conf us making a bigtime bowl is very rare. And we aren't getting a bcs conference invite.

So like I said, unless we go big east, I'd rather stay fcs.

There is no "national respect" for conference USA or sunbelt teams.

wow...sounds like ODU's AD has been covering up a lot of crimes. Decker has been giving away a lot of money to help out the "program" - the major issue is it sounds like this has been happening for years. it's horrible a clean program like Mason has been linked to ODU...

and Hunter with a weapon charge.....guess my infamous post is a little more relevant
    Last edited by MasonCAA; 03-31-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Razor Ramon 2
    Hall of Fame

Re: ODU deserves new conference

Conf us making a bigtime bowl is very rare. And we aren't getting a bcs conference invite.

So like I said, unless we go big east, I'd rather stay fcs.

There is no "national respect" for conference USA or sunbelt teams.

Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

So in addition to Boozemoore:

Among those represented by Decker or Neskis were two of Bazemore's teammates, Keyon Carter and Ben Finney, who completed their eligibility in 2011.

Carter, who was in court in Norfolk and Virginia Beach for traffic offenses, declined to comment when asked if he had been billed by or made payment to Decker. He is playing professional basketball in the Republic of Georgia and was reached by email.

Finney's mother, Desiree, hung up when a reporter asked if her son had been billed by Neskis for representation on traffic charges. She did not return an additional call seeking comment.

--------

Decker has represented basketball players since at least 2005, when court records show Isaiah Hunter was arrested in Norfolk on a concealed weapon charge that was dismissed.

Reached in Charlotte, N.C., Hunter said Friday he did not recall what his financial arrangement with Decker was.

"You'll have to take that up with the coaching staff," he said.

Is there anyone on the Ol' Dirty Team that hasn't been arrested?
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
    So in addition to Boozemoore:

Is there anyone on the Ol' Dirty Team that hasn't been arrested?
    So from what the article says we have had as many arrests in the last 7 years as Cornelius has had this year....but carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by monarchblue View Post
    So from what the article says we have had as many arrests in the last 7 years as Cornelius has had this year....but carry on.
    Thats sad. Letting one guy beat your whole squad. Psshhhh

Im hoping Razor sees this soon, or gets off his suspension, then it will get really good!

This thread will probably get interesting before its over.....lol

Sigh.

10 char.
    ODU '08, currently attending graduate school at GMU.