JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default Hewitt on WJFK at 11:30 am

Coming up in a few minutes...

Default Re: Hewitt on WJFK at 11:30 am

Mostly Final 4 talk--Coach Hewitt is picking Ohio St because of Sullinger's ability underneath.

When asked about A-10, he implied no inside information and that he was pleased being in the CAA and Mason's central location. Indicated that either way, he'd still be recruiting in the DC area. At least that was what I took away from the interview.

So hard not to like this guy personally. Really good representative of our university and program. Here are some things he said:

--Predicted Kentucky and OSU in the championship game. I was really impressed with his knowledge of all of the players on all four teams, especially when he broke down the individual match-ups.

--Said he was happy overall with our season, but admitted that getting off to the slow start hurt our post-season chances. Said we should have started 9-1 or 8-2 at the worst.

--He admitted that he felt more pressure taking over the Mason job than he did at Siena or GT due to the higher expectations.

--He was very happy with the Ryan getting POY and the improvement of several players, including Morrison and Wright.

--He is indifferent about moving to the A10, especially due to our great location in the middle of CAA territory. He said switching conferences wouldn't change our philosophy of recruiting the DC area. Until he hears otherwise from TOC, he believes we will stay in the CAA.

Quote Originally Posted by TomGMU View Post
    --Predicted Kentucky and OSU in the championship game.
    I hope he is correct as thats what I have...with OSU winning (needed to go out on a limb a bit).

Did he mention how he would spend $540M if he won the lottery?
    What could have been . . . (sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Five Two View Post
    I hope he is correct as thats what I have...with OSU winning (needed to go out on a limb a bit).
    Same here! I got all Final Four teams in an office pool and only need Kentucky and OSU to make the finals to win the pool... or just OSU to win the championship regardless of who else makes the final. I went with the same strategy and went out on a limb with picking a realistic upset over Kentucky to separate myself from the pack.

Last time I got all Final Four teams right was back in '04 when I picked GT to win it all with Hewitt as coach hah
    "You hear players, media people, say that it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people I say: you didn't have the guts to succeed here!" - John Kruk

Quote Originally Posted by walter_williams View Post
    Did he mention how he would spend $540M if he won the lottery?
    He won the lottery already. He got paid 7 million just to leave GT. lol