HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Send the BAND to OSU

You want to show Kenny Brooks that we value his success & his team? Send the pep band to the WNIT Championship. The fact that there are no plans to do so at this point is pretty insulting & small-time thinking. It's the championship. It's on national TV. Show everyone that JMU is serious & legit. They already assume we're small-time because we're not in the ACC. Don't legitimize those ideas by not sending our biggest crowd advantage!

There are going to be all sorts of excuses as to why it's not doable. Bull$hit. If our men were playing in MSG, this wouldn't be a conversation.

Don't buy the excuses. There were excuses as to why the MRDs weren't being sent to LIBERTY a few years back. Thankfully, they reconsidered & made the right call. This is so much more important than a regular season game v. Liberty.

No excuses!

Default Re: Send the BAND to OSU

just use all the money we saved by our "one-and-done" Men's program tournament to send the band.

or the check the Home and Garden show wrote so that we couldn't host this game.

Or the money we didn't bid on the EKU game.

Or the money we're not spending on a top-level men's basketball coach.

Or the money that would be used to send the band to NYC for the exact same men's equivalent game.

Or the money we could have used to hire extra staff to flip the Convo in order to host on Saturday.

What are you trying to say?
    JMU, The Pride of VA and Ohio

+1000 The band should be attached at the hip to any postseason game, regardless of location.

Sadly, I'm not even advocating that. I understand the hit on the checkbook a flight makes. If it's drivable & a tournament, the band should be there. If it's a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, the band should be there regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    What are you trying to say?
    I know this is tongue-in-cheek, but it will say a lot to Kenny & the team if they don't send the band. I hope the bean counters don't screw this up.

Hopefully the money they just shelled out for new MRD uniforms doesn't impact this decision.

It would be nice, but this is the same administration that lost a playoff bid to EKU. So, I wouldn't hold my breath.
    I bleed purple!