JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: softball

Default softball

After a rough 5-12 start Hofstra now stands at 10-12. With a sweep over Drexel we should have a winning record. This team still has some warts that have to be worked out. In the last two games we turned them into nail bitters because of errors in the field. We have to learn to close out these games or it will come back and bite us in the arse. Also we must hit better with runners in scoring position.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

Default Re: softball

Stu, What's the story with Wade? Seems like Galati has pitched every inning the last 4 or 5 games. Is Wade hurt?

Wade was out against Ga State due to a stomach Virus. She pitches 6 plus innings against Iona on tuesday. She will be back for the Drexel series. The weakness of this team for now seems to be fielding and cluch hitting. The hitting has been very inconsistant. The infield needs to shore up its fielding espcially late in games and then they will be OK.

The team has given up 75 runs now in 22 games, but only 50 of them have been earned (by comparison, 76 of the Pride's 94 runs have been earned).
    2002, 2005, and 2014 ECRHA Champions. twitter.com/HofstraHockey

Not typical of a Bill Edwards coached team. Usually they lead the league in fielding.

Which they still do. Hofstra is still in the top 50 in the country in fielding percentage (out of 283 teams) http://www.ncaa.com/stats/softball/d1/current/team/283 which looks like it is tops in the CAA. The biggest difference seems to be when those errors are happening, and the ability for the pitching staff to overcome those errors and get the next out, which seemed to be a strong asset of prior teams.
    2002, 2005, and 2014 ECRHA Champions. twitter.com/HofstraHockey

Hofstra sweeps DH from drexel 8-1 and 12-5. they stand 5-0 after one game was rained out. JMU in second at 5-1.

Softball with a 8-2 win over Rutgers in first game of the DH. Galati with 13 Ks.

The second game is after 4 and a half innings and Hofstra up 6-0. Wade is working on a 1 hitter. She hasnt struck out any one but has not allowed a walk. Definitely her best start this year so far.

Second game over Wade pitches a 4 hit shutout with 3Ks and 1 walk. Hofstra wins 8-0. Hofstra now 14-12 on the year.