NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball

Default Re: Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by stuball888 View Post
    Hofstra bounces back with a convincing 10-2 win over NE. Tiedermann goes 8 innings.Hofstra now needs to win 6 of 7 to secure the 2nd seed. Hofstra remains in second place with the win.
    Do you know how the CAA playoffs work and if there is any advantage if you are one of the top two seeds?

Top two seeds get a bye.

ALSO hOFSTRA lost one of their top pitchers so with the bye you can get along with two or three pitchers.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

On another note, with the win today baseball has tied a season win record with 27. Another win this season will break the record.

I was on that 27 win team... sad to see that record go, but love the direction the program is headed. Never thought they would be able to compete in that southern based league...Very impressive.

Based on their current roster [only 4 seniors listed] the Hofstra baseball program appears to be built to last into the future....does anyone know what kind of recruiting class they have or are putting together and has Anderson's resignation in January had an impact on the recruiting class?

They have 4 coming in next year. Two are from California and two stud pitchers one from MacArthur high school in Levittown who sat out this year. Due to injury he has flown under the radar, D'errico and Perez who are listed as seniors will be back next year after their medical redshirts this year. Coach Russo slid flawlessly into the head coaching position as coach Anderson left him with a full cupboard.

Sounds like they should continue to get better & better....they should remove interim tag from Russo's title and reward him with a raise and extension

Agreed but I dont see that happening until the summer. After July 1st you will see a lot happening in the CAA as a whole. That is when the CAA releases all the money from GMU and VCUs final four runs.

In a wild game Hofstra takes the rubber game of the series against NE 15-9. NE out to a 4-0 lead in top of 1st. Hofstra chips away and ties it in the bottom of the 4th. NE takes the lead in the 5th but Hofstra scores 3 to rake a 7-6. NE ties the score then Hofstra scores 8 in the bottom of the 8th to take a 15-7 lead. NE score two in top of ninth for the final margin. With the win Hofstra now 16-8 in conferrence in second place. Also this team now breaks the Hofstra record for wins in a season with 28. Congrats to coach Russo and his staff and to the guys just keep it going.