JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: What happens now?

Quote Originally Posted by ParkersStrip View Post
    Interesting. Who else is going to join this proposed conference? I am sure Marshall and East Carolina are just staring at their phone waiting for your caller ID to pop up.

Georgia State?

Which women's programs will you be funding to counter balance for Title 9? Or will you cut men's programs to account for the additional 22 football scholarships.

Where will you play home football games?

Cool idea.
    Step 1: Collect underpants
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit!

Well, it looks like this thread has run off the rails.

UR trolls (who knew) and repeated discussions on why the sky is falling all around us.

We all know schools come and go for different reasons. Happens all the time.

There will always be base of like minded schools to work with. Sorry, I just don't feel the panic.

The bottom line right now is that it appears nothing is happening. And with the huge NCAA basketball payments due VCU and GMU (which they forfeit if they leave the conference) this year and next I doubt if anybody is going anywhere for at least two more years.

There are also signs that the entire CBS story that they were leaving was a bunch of internet blog hooey.

Quote Originally Posted by ParkersStrip View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner!
    I guess you can say that here because you damn sure couldn't say it during any CAA football game last season.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontRoyalSpideru View Post
    Your comment about UR's stadium size and the restricted access of W&M fans to the game when it is played at Richmond is a prime example of "sour grapes" on your part. Do they taste good? I hope so!
    I ate a bunch of grapes when W&M handed UR your tick butt in 2010. Your QB is still trying to get grass out of his helmet. But, last year, I took those sour grapes and jumped all over them when our back-up TE snatched victory out of your hands and I made a big jug of celebratory wine out of them. Indeed, those sour grapes tasted great.

Did someone say grapes? Hope you invited Jim Miller!

Quote Originally Posted by -Tribal- View Post
    I ate a bunch of grapes when W&M handed UR your tick butt in 2010. Your QB is still trying to get grass out of his helmet. But, last year, I took those sour grapes and jumped all over them when our back-up TE snatched victory out of your hands and I made a big jug of celebratory wine out of them. Indeed, those sour grapes tasted great.
    Granted, I'm sure that those grapes tasted mighty good after those two football wins to which you refer in your post. My next question is, how did those grapes taste after we stomped you guys in mens' basketball this past season?

Quote Originally Posted by HyperDuke View Post
    Did someone say grapes? Hope you invited Jim Miller!
    HyperDuke, you crack me up!

Never mind, he was already on his way.