DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default What Can You Tell Me About Syracuse WBB team?

JMU plays them in the WNIT Final 4.

Default Re: What Can You Tell Me About Syracuse WBB team?

Very big, very physical, and rather slow as a team. Their bigs are bigger than any in the CAA but aren't overly skilled either. In the game at the DAC it seemed as though the refs made a pact beforehand to let both teams do whatever they wanted foul-wise and to get out of the sauna as quickly as possible. The game, as you could imagine, quickly eroded as the fouls (i.e. non-fouls) got worse and worse. I remember them having a few good shooters, but mostly their overall size is what killed us on the boards and in the post.

They may win the award for most unique team hair, so they have that going for them.

It seems like the refs can really throw a game. I watched them against Toledo yesterday and they did look slow. Did Drexel try and run a fast offense?

BACK in Center City... Thats how we roll on Mole

They're terrible. But they've got size and will pull down crazy rebounds. Nikki will say no to anything besides getting her own shot blocked. But SU will turn over the ball, will shoot terribly and will leave teams in the game. Just gotta out shoot them so there arent rebounds to get.
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!
    Follow the blog on twitter @DragonsSpeak

Cuse usually had somebody back, and there weren't many fast break opportunities either. It didn't help Drexel that both of their point guards are coming off of ACL surgeries and have both lost a step since then.

I'm not saying the refs blew the game, because they were equally bad for both teams. It'd just be nice to establish an order early in the game and not allow things to escalate. Their coach was begging for touch fouls the entire game while muggings were going uncalled.

Yeah they were slow in movement without a doubt and we never took advantage of that. They are tall. As others said they rely on their height. They suck at shooting but get a ton of rebounds. They have a bunch of trees underneath waiting for their guards to miss. We did the best we could boxing out and got outrebounded by 30 against them, because of pure height, not because of skill.

Good ball movement with some dribble drive would beat this team every time. They really are not a good team at all and cant shoot a lick. But they definitely do have the craziest hair styles. Dont let your fans get on them too early (pregame) because they might just end up throwing balls into the crowd when you are not paying attention, so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for the information. This should be an interesting game. Both teams seem to rebound the ball very well. I was watching the Toledo game yesterday and the hair styles are nuts. I got a feeling the band is going to be on them all game long.