Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: If GMU and VCU leave the CAA?

The fact that you took time to drop that signature line in on a UNCW board is flattering. Really begging for acceptance aren't you buddy? Thanks for thinking about how much you need us to believe in ECU basketball over here.

Quote Originally Posted by StillJonesn View Post
    JMU, ODU, and Delaware will likely be gone sooner than later to a conf that supports FBS football.
    Peddle your crap elsewhere, nobody's buying here.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinmullet View Post
    If they leave you can bet that ODU has a plan to get out as well and the other schools are left to fend for themselves.That is the way it works these days,sad but true.College sports is one of the most cutthroat businesses going today and will get worse.You just have a lot of money at stake and a lot of people with no conscience at all.I have always been baffled by the coach contract deal and how it works and why it is allowed to just be the way it is with no one ever questioning why.The same deal is going on with all the conference realignment in a mad chase for the money.
    It could be that UNCW comes out the winner with all this and gets to pick a spot to go and build something that makes sense by getting out of the CAA.
    I agree with mullet.

no way odu stays if VCU and GMU leave. ODU and JMU have invested a lot of money in their football programs and will likely begin to escalate and upgrade to FBS. If the Charlotte to Sunbelt rumors turn out to be true ODU would make an excellent expansion partner with Charlotte for the Sunbelt.

again, if VCU and GMU leave, ODU and JMU will begin to look elsewhere and the Northern schools will be in control of the future of the CAA which will likely resemble some amped up version of the American East conference. Our best bet at that point would be the SoCon, with hopefully Coastal to round out the numbers, but again, only if GMU and VCU leave. If they decide to stay, we should continue to improve our basketball program in to the higher end CAA level.
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

Quote Originally Posted by StillJonesn View Post
    JMU, ODU, and Delaware will likely be gone sooner than later to a conf that supports FBS football.
    Sad. I suppose by posting yet again you figured someone here might give a crap about your opinion. Sorry little buddy. Go play with your friends now...
    UNCW - Where beating #1 happens.

Playing around with some expansion scenarios. Here is a possible version of the future should VCU and GMU leave and we stay.

CAA North
    Maine
    UNH
    Northeastern
    Hofstra
    Albany
    Stony Brook

CAA South
    Drexel
    Deleware
    Towson
    William and Mary
    UNCW
    Coastal Carolina

If GMU and VCU to the A10 I bet ODU and JMU make a push to the Sunbelt and begin the upgrade process to FBS as both program have the resources to do so. The CAA would want to secure its FCS league as well as make a solid north south split that did not happen last expansion go round. William and Mary would be a big wild card. They would be attractive to both the Patriot League and possibly the SoCon and if they went SoCon we would make a nice #14 for the SoCon with William and Mary. A lot of different possibilities.

With that south division UNCW would be better off in the SoCon but most fans here think that the SoCon is not good enough for UNCW basketball even though they have a losing record vs the SoCon in men's basketball.Baseball would be better and I really think that it would immediately start some real rivalry games and boost overall attendence in both baseball and basketball.Maybe Bass is looking elsewhere but could imagine where.I have also heard that Ga.St is out in two years.That would be VCU,GMU,ODU and GaSt that could leave in the next rew years.

I have no problem with a restructured SoCon. The real question is will the SoCon take in a non-football school? They were refusing to just recently. Has that changed? And, if we don't go football down the road, we will probably be dead in the water.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinmullet View Post
    With that south division UNCW would be better off in the SoCon but most fans here think that the SoCon is not good enough for UNCW basketball even though they have a losing record vs the SoCon in men's basketball.Baseball would be better and I really think that it would immediately start some real rivalry games and boost overall attendence in both baseball and basketball.Maybe Bass is looking elsewhere but could imagine where.I have also heard that Ga.St is out in two years.That would be VCU,GMU,ODU and GaSt that could leave in the next rew years.
    i don't think you will find many on here that would choose a CAA like i proposed over the SoCon. If the CAA lost VCU, GMU, ODU, and JMU, barring some unforseen circumstances which would allow us to cherry pick schools like Davidson and COC, there would be no future for UNCW in the CAA.

Quote Originally Posted by solohawks View Post

app st.
    wcu
    utc
    samford
    elon
    uncg
    davidson

uncw
    coastal
    coc
    wofford
    furman
    citadel
    ga southern
    yippie cant wait for the furman game followed by the citadel game or traveling to wofford. ....geez thats sucks. What a crap league.

Quote Originally Posted by witsendhawk View Post
    yippie cant wait for the furman game followed by the citadel game or traveling to wofford. ....geez thats sucks. What a crap league.
    it would be better than the big south. at least we would get games w/ davidson and coc in the socon. its not ideal but its better than worst case scenario.

another possibility could be that William and Mary and UNCW are taken by the SoCon. If all the other VA schools leave William and Mary would certainly look around and they have a history with the Socon. In fact, that is likely our best bet to get into the Socon should the CAA fall apart as the SoCon does not seem to fond of coastal.
    Last edited by solohawks; 03-28-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added info