DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

View Poll Results: If George Mason & VCU leave the CAA what conference should we target?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Patriot League

1 3.33%
  • American East

2 6.67%
  • Stay in a watered down CAA

18 60.00%
  • MAAC

9 30.00%
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Default Re: George Mason & VCU to A10?

Quote Originally Posted by MetSox View Post
    So the MAAC it is!
    Let's make this happen. It would totally unite our fan base with bmf gone. Although I must say, things are more pleasant when troll posts are blocked!

I'm not super into other conferences, so for those who know, is there a 0% chance that the a10 would take us? What if (a big if) our facilities got upgraded?

I think facilities are the main reason. Also think they wouldn't feel any pressing need to add another Philly school.

We are probably an upgrade from la Salle tho... in many areas

Quote Originally Posted by bmf25 View Post
    A move to the MAAC would be a huge mistake, we have nothing in common with any of the schools in the conference. I'll stop following the program if Drexel moves to the MAAC.

Either stay in a decimated CAA or join the Patriot League.
    MAAC is now my vote

Quote Originally Posted by spearsie View Post
    MAAC is now my vote
    Only one vote for patriot league. Who could that be?

Quote Originally Posted by jmo34 View Post
    Only one vote for patriot league. Who could that be?
    As a 15 year old, I often blocked people with different opinions, but learned that having a diverse group of people with varying opinions is an invaluable asset. Unfortunately, I doubt you have been challenged or exposed to people from diverse backgrounds, which is why your reaction is to block someone that doesn't have the same viewpoint as you.

On a side note: Awesome eharmony.com picture!

The DU Administration needs to get into the top 20 schools in the nation.
    They can get their ultimate wish.

The Ivy League

They really don't care about anything else for Drexel. It's all window dressing until we get picked for Ivy expansion. It's too bad they don't look down 32nd street at Penn and realize they are never going to let us in unless a merger happened because 2 schools in the same location isn't what Penn is about or will tolerate ever. Penn detests our mere presence.

Otherwise, they would really enjoy Drexel in the same Division III conference with MIT and home and home with Harvard. It's just a different taste entirely. It's an entirely different mentality. One where new arenas don't need to be built while placing us with whom they want Drexel associated.

They dream of a day when you hear MIT and automatically think Drexel as well. I can't say that's a bad goal.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHandler View Post
    The DU Administration needs to get into the top 20 schools in the nation.
    They can get their ultimate wish.

The Ivy League

They really don't care about anything else for Drexel. It's all window dressing until we get picked for Ivy expansion. It's too bad they don't look down 32nd street at Penn and realize they are never going to let us in unless a merger happened because 2 schools in the same location isn't what Penn is about or will tolerate ever. Penn detests our mere presence.

Otherwise, they would really enjoy Drexel in the same Division III conference with MIT and home and home with Harvard. It's just a different taste entirely. It's an entirely different mentality. One where new arenas don't need to be built while placing us with whom they want Drexel associated.

They dream of a day when you hear MIT and automatically think Drexel as well. I can't say that's a bad goal.
    Huh?

If you speak to DU administrators, it is enitely about the "Peer Group".

Their ultimate wish would be something like the Ivy league for sports.

Don't get excited BMF. They are not thrilled with the Patriot league. BMF can suggest all he wants, but the military academies were actively pursued by the Big East and their departure cripples the league when it happens. You need 7 to keep the auto bid for basketball. Lafayette and Bucknell have a liberal arts emphasis and are not where we want to market as a school. So the Patriot league is not a peer group of Drexel.

The exception has always been Annapolis and West Point. If an elite league formed let's say with MIT, Annapolis, West Point, Air Force, Rensaleer, Delaware, Northeastern. (You get the idea) Drexel would look at that league very hard and probably join it.

The MAAC schools are even less of a peer group.

DU has always made decisons based on the peer group.

From a marketing perspective, Drexel wants to associate with national universities.
    Drexel is in the CAA more because of Delaware and Northeastern than the other schools.
    We are in a nice nationally ranked pod with Drexel #88, Delaware#75 and Northeastern #62.
    We're competing against schools closely aligned with us and marketing to similar student bodies.
    That's the ideal.

DU administration has always been about staying with your peers.

The only real exception they would make is the Ivy League.
    Association with that select group is an absolute win for the university.
    However much they dream, Penn's presence makes that all but impossible.

Hence my earlier statement, where Delaware goes we go.

Attention, May I have your attention please,

Anyone waiting for the Georgia State express to the Sun Belt conference there will be a momentary delay.
    Soon to depart on track A-10 cars GMU and VCU
    Folks once they clear the station, the ODU gambler is leaving for ?

All aboard