HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Open NCAA Head Coaching Positions

Is Wagner an acceptable game to have on our schedule though? I know they were good this year, but Binghamton was good a few years back also.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Is Wagner an acceptable game to have on our schedule though? I know they were good this year, but Binghamton was good a few years back also.
    Only if we are desperate to fill the schedule up a la St Francis.
    Phila. Titles: Phillies 1980, 2008; Athletics 1910,1911,1913,1929,1930; Eagles 1948,1949,1960; Flyers 1974,1975; Sixers 1967,1983; Warriors 1956

I think down the road it will happen out of respect, but no it shouldnt become a regular series. Especially not this coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by DrexPhanatic View Post
    If you get 10/15 minutes, I'd strongly suggest listening to Bash's press conference:

http://www.wagnerathletics.com/news/...px?path=mbball
    Thanks for posting this. Bash seems to be cut from the right cloth and I wish him the best of luck. Also really cool of Bru and all his guys to go up there.

I drove Bash home from an all star game in DC a few years back when he was coaching at St. Benedict's. It was funny because he had all the same complaints about lack offense that we fans had. It was just weird to hear it from someone inside the program. He also said he enjoyed playing at Drexel, but commented that his final two were DU and VCU. If he would've went to VCU, he would've gone dancing. Hopefully he can get there with Wagner. BTW, Wagner was 25-6 this year. Obviously current RPI is pointless but they are 94th. Their 1st, 2nd, 4th and 6th scorers return. I wouldn't be going crazy to schedule them, but I wouldn't mind playing them either if we need a game.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

Plus, they snagged that Mr. Basketball from Michigan away from us (not sure if we ever really were that close to signing him). If Bash can keep them 1/2 in the NEC, I would have zero reservations about having a home/home with them. We are probably going to need an Ivy or NEC game each year -- why not Wagner?

I definitely got the impression that he's in a bit over his head. Hopefully, he can assemble some experienced assistants to help him out.
    Keep Bruiser!!!

Not sure how close we were to Anderson, but we had very good connections. He played AAU in the same program as Frantz and Kaz. Not sure how he ended up in NJ though. I wonder if Bobby Jordan will end up at Wagner.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9