JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GMU/VCU to the A-10?

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/sports...r--ar-1784486/

Losing not one, but both of our Final Four teams to the A-10 would be a monumental blow to the conference. As much as I dislike these programs from a competitive standpoint, they bring national exposure to our conference and make it relevant. I see this having a direct impact to all teams in the CAA from a multi bid league to our recruiting efforts. Is it possible fringe players would now look elsewhere? Would the defection of these two schools deter the likes of AO from UCONN? Would this make our league more attractive for Hofstra, or would this solidify our decision to look elsewhere?

Default Re: GMU/VCU to the A-10?

lol, a huge blow to the conf maybe but not to HU!!!! Good riddance if it happens - this would be GREAT for HU, who are we kidding

it would greatly lessen the VA bias (would almost disappear overnight), greatly increase HU's odds of landing in the NCAA, have ZERO impact on HU's recruiting, and make the program MORE attractive for guys like AO, who want nothing else but to get to the dance

I don't care about GMU's and VCU's national exposure - I want HU to bring some national exposure. And I want either some of those guys to go, or for HU to. Bring on CHANGE!

Oh, but I highly doubt General Lee, excuse me Tom Yeager, would ever allow that to happen and destroy his beloved "all VA all the time" conference

This is quite difficult for me being VA born and raised, I love VA - but enough is enough, HU needs to do and to desire what is best for HU - not every other program.

Let's just keep subtracting all the faraway schools and adding former AE schools until we have the exact same set of teams we were playing before.

This is Yaegers nightmare and Jacks wet dream.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

If these two teams make a b-line for the A-10, who do we like as replacement schools? any chance Iona would leave the MAAC? Would Yeager consider Iona?

Quote Originally Posted by DutchAlum01 View Post
    If these two teams make a b-line for the A-10, who do we like as replacement schools? any chance Iona would leave the MAAC? Would Yeager consider Iona?
    He'll want schools that play football...Stony Brook fits the profile...large public university with FCS football...maybe Fordham comes with the VA schools out of the picture...they also have FCS football

Fordham to the CAA is also Pecoras worse nightmare.

Knowing the Yeagermeister he will cast his eyes to the south

Maybe some North carolina teams but I think he picks one and one for balance.