HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bazemore arrested before ODU game

As a high school coach, if one of my players was caught at a party with alcohol, I was contacted within 24 hours by the school police officer. I just can't believe that nobody in that athletic department knew that Bazemore had been arrested. It's absolutly shocking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonCAA View Post
    I am calling for a NCAA to look into this cover-up. I tell you what's more alarming, did you see the beat down they got last night without Baze? It's obvious why they covered up the arrest....they are going to be hurting without him next season.
    6 point loss is a beatdown?

Quote Originally Posted by P8triotfan4life View Post
    so let me get this straight, ODU covered up this kids' original arrest? ODU's Blaine Taylor should be fired.
    We don't know the story yet. Let the facts come out before you run wild with your drain self.
    ODU '08, currently attending graduate school at GMU.

Though it looks like this is KB's fault for not following through with his obligations I feel that the VB Police showed their true colors by not arresting him sooner. The bench warrent was issues 2 weeks ago so why couldn't they "find" one of the most well known students at ODU?? A call to the Athletic Dept or campus police would have knocked that out in 2 minutes. It is shame that is happened but hopefully KB will man up and take care of his business.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHQ6xpnahI

NCAA - 1989, 1999, 2001, 2006****, 2008, 2011*
    NIT - 1986*, 2002, 2004**, 2009

Loving the indignation on the ODU boards.

I will be surprised if there's any conspiracy. How about paper work got shuffled around and by the time it trickled down to be taken action on....the timing just wasn't the best for KB. My brother in law is a SGT in a police force....he;s talked about taking guys out of meetings, dentists chairs once they found them (and yes for lame BS warrants like not showing) Doesn't matter whats going on...can't provide "preferential" treatment.

So much for all the crap they spewed about Cornelius.
    Last edited by KA; 03-22-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Only three things in this world make me nervous: snakes, un-tuned guitars and red-headed women.

KA's father, circa 1980

Quote Originally Posted by PDGL Hoops View Post
    Though it looks like this is KB's fault for not following through with his obligations I feel that the VB Police showed their true colors by not arresting him sooner. The bench warrent was issues 2 weeks ago so why couldn't they "find" one of the most well known students at ODU?? A call to the Athletic Dept or campus police would have knocked that out in 2 minutes. It is shame that is happened but hopefully KB will man up and take care of his business.
    Police depts are busy places. Alot is going on, Im sure there is some reason for it. Im guessing if they came and arrested KB 2 weeks ago at a game, the same thing would be complained about. Maybe since he didnt show to court they were not sure he would be where he might say and they wanted to make sure to get him. I dont know, but Im not going to jump on the conspiracy route

They did their jobs, what is the matter with that?
    Last edited by patriotfan49; 03-22-2012 at 09:34 AM.

So, of the top 4 seeds in the CAA tourney, only VCU did not have a player arrested during the 2011-12 pre-season, season, or postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by patriotfan49 View Post
    Police depts are busy places. Alot is going on, Im sure there is some reason for it. Im guessing if they came and arrested KB 2 weeks ago at a game, the same thing would be complained about. Maybe since he didnt show to court they were not sure he would be where he might say and they wanted to make sure to get him. I dont know, but Im not going to jump on the conspiracy route

They did their jobs, what is the matter with that?
    I understand that police departments are busy places and I wasn't stating there was a conspiracy. Yes they did their jobs but I don't think they handled it well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGHQ6xpnahI

NCAA - 1989, 1999, 2001, 2006****, 2008, 2011*
    NIT - 1986*, 2002, 2004**, 2009

Even if they did it intentionally, why should we feel bad for Bazemore that he got pulled before a game?

There's no rational reason to be upset that he was detained before the game. He didn't show up for his court date and he wasted people's time and money. Also, he probably wouldn't have even been warming up to play in this game period if people had been truthful and this came to light earlier.
    "You hear players, media people, say that it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people I say: you didn't have the guts to succeed here!" - John Kruk

skating and drinking??? is that a dui?

Can you get a DUI in a wheelchair?

Every game is a monumental war - Matt Brady
    Si vis pacem, para bellum