JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default URís Mooney likes idea of VCU, GMU, Butler in A-10

http://www.mytimesdispatch.com/index...in_a-10/17033/

If we get left behind and stuck in a CAA with no VCU and no GMU, Wood Selig needs to be fired the very next day.

Discuss

Default Re: URís Mooney likes idea of VCU, GMU, Butler in A-10

No doubt. And that would put the A10 at 15 Programs. The idea DU was informally brought up to even it out to 2 divisions and also kill the CAA.

And this is exactly what I have been saying. ODU needs to be PROACTIVE. The landscape is going to change, and change with or without ODU. That NBC tv deal was a last ditch effort by Yeager to keep things in tact.

Sure, that's just one coaches thoughts, but if Selig is asleep at the wheel and we end up in a bad situation, then yes he needs to be let go.
    Last edited by officeguy; 03-20-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    And this is exactly what I have been saying. ODU needs to be PROACTIVE. The landscape is going to change, and change with or without ODU. That NBC tv deal was a last ditch effort by Yeager to keep things in tact.
    If we get left behind that was be a huge blow to the moment the AD has gained.

I wouldnt look too far into this. The guy just named the 3 big mid-majors of the past few years. Of course he'd like them in his conference.

Yeager will have a lot of work to do to keep the CAA intact and not lose its standing. If we lose even one of the 3 (GMU VCU DU) then the CAA is all but gone for basketball. The CAA can potentially lose the DC, Philly and Richmond TV markets. ODUs options are limited due to the football program. We most likely will end up in a down ridden CAA basketball conference ranked in the mid to high teens RPI. CAA Football will be okay, but this could kill ODUs basketball recruiting and eventual program.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post

Sure, that's just one coaches thoughts, but if Selig is asleep at the wheel and we end up in a bad situation, then yes he needs to be let go.
    Well you know coachspeak and hypotheticals aren't part of it. I think this is happening. There is buzz about it all over the place, not just from Mooney. Wood had better be cutting a deal with the Mountain West or whatever they are calling the merger.

The article that initiated the rumors in oct: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/sp...pagewanted=all

Quote Originally Posted by TakingTheOver View Post
    I wouldnt look too far into this. The guy just named the 3 big mid-majors of the past few years. Of course he'd like them in his conference.
    True, may have been regurgitating what he read/heard in this article in the nytimes back in Oct.

"Although the C.A.A. is sending feelers to A-10 members and others, a different college official said that the Atlantic 10 had expressed informal interest in adding C.A.A. members George Mason and Virginia Commonwealth."

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/sp...ncaabasketball

But it also adds a bit more backing to his comment that he hasn't heard anything but would support it.

Shrug. Believe things when I see them... but it would be a hell of a blow.

Quote Originally Posted by myorangecrush View Post
    The article that initiated the rumors in oct: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/sp...pagewanted=all
    beat me to it