JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default CAA Ref Jerry Heater

From the AJC's write up of GSU's loss to Mercer in the CIT:

The needed spark came when Hunter received a back-to-back technical fouls, and was ejected, with 11:48 left, for arguing a foul call. It was the first technical Hunter has received this season and he said the seventh of his career.
    After Eric Buckner was knocked to the court, Hunter said he asked official Jerry Heater, “What was that?”
    Hunter said Heater responded, “Shut the [expletive] up,” which set Hunter off and resulted in his ejection. Heater left before he could be reached for comment.

“I will protect my kids and my team,” Hunter said. “I will call whoever. ... He is a CAA official.
    “I give everyone I know respect. I might not have to like you or agree with you. If my program isn’t respected, I will stick up for myself, and I will stick up for my program.”
    Hunter said he and Heater also had a disagreement in a game at George Mason earlier this season.
    http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-st...s-1388915.html

Thoughts?
    "Panthers moving left to right across your radio dial." - Dave "The Voice" Cohen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Re: CAA Ref Jerry Heater

wow. And all he got was a double technical. I'm surprised he didn't punch that a-hole ref. Who tell's another grown man to shut the F*** up?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU Mens BB Fan View Post
    From the AJC's write up of GSU's loss to Mercer in the CIT:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-st...s-1388915.html

Thoughts?
    If there is proof that an official actually said that...he should be fired.

I assume officials don't usually say things like that..but if it is typical then Im wrong.

The point is officials are supposed to be above the fray.
    Only three things in this world make me nervous: snakes, un-tuned guitars and red-headed women.

KA's father, circa 1980

Seems like this guy is getting a little full of himself. He called a career-high 30 techs this year, which is pretty damn excessive for the amount of games he reffed.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/jerry-heater

Quote Originally Posted by KA View Post
    The point is officials are supposed to be above the fray.
    That was kind of my though too. Professionalism.
    "Panthers moving left to right across your radio dial." - Dave "The Voice" Cohen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently he also had a GSU cheerleader tossed from the arena later in the game.
    "Just tryin' to capture the spirit of the thing, Reg." -- Dicky Dunn

Does anyone know if there is a review system for refs? And is it done by the CAA or would it be by the NCAA? Is it possible that someone (like GSU/Hunter) could file a complaint with the CAA/NCAA and have the situation investigated?

Usually, if the team wants they can send a tape into the CAA offices to have reviewed. At least that's how they've made complaints in the past.

be pretty easy to setup rateyourrefs.com.

What a tool ref. He probably bets on games, too, right? If true, that's inexcusable.
    AKA Monarch_Pride

<-- Press in case of troll ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)