HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default VCU in the NCAA tourney

Hats off to VCU in their win against WSU. I'll keep this thread relevant to UNCW. Doesn't UNCW get a piece of the $$$pie that VCU gets for each game appearance in the tourney? I can't remember how that works in the CAA...

Default Re: VCU in the NCAA tourney

Shaka is a hell of a coach and motivator.He earned every penny of his big pay raise this year. While we have to bring in a marine for toughness exercises and make excuses every year...Vcu advances...yet again. Congratulations Vcu!
    Last edited by hawkfan4life; 03-15-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

I think the money allocation boils down to how you performed and your overall rpi ranking. The current financial incentive plan awards those that schedule tough OCC and win. We will only see a small chunk of the change. Mull broke it down last year and the top half of the CAA receives more than the bottom half.
    Last edited by getmhawks06; 03-15-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Also, VCU as a 12 was a tough draw for Wichita State. Much rather face a morally beaten down team from a BCS conference like WVU.

Congrats to VCU. VCU is a team that's hard to prep for. They were too late in adjusting to the double, but fortunately that big guy missed a bunny right at the rim! They can beat Indy also, but Indy has shooters and are well coached. VCU isn't a 12 in reality, more like a 5 themselves strictly on style of play and athleticism. We here know the deal. You have to have a well coached team than can finish with press offense and/or good ball movement with shooters. I had them winning this game and haven't missed yet, but that's gonna change. Should have 2 dancing right now from the CAA.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

VCU is dangerous if they shoot the ball good and if not they will lose big to Indiana.They also get the big share of the NCAA money and it is alotted over a long peroid of time and the share to a UNCW is a little more than nothing but not much.

How does the rpi affect Drexel and the amount of money they will get?
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Didn't Drexel play a weak OOC? Either way, they're getting a lot more money than UNCW, so the hell with VCU.

So tired of this sellout bs about rooting for VCU come tourney time. So lame. The dumb excuse being used that it gives our conference a bunch of PR and makes our conference tougher is BS too. We've had two teams from our conference finish in the Final Four since 2006, and look at us... still a one team conference while conferences like the A-10 rack it up.

One day all of you will wake up and realize your selling out got you not a thing.
    UNCW - Where beating #1 happens.

Wow! VCU just dominated a game and somehow lost. We certainly can relate to losing NCAA games after blowing leads. Heads up VCU fans, they played well and everyone knows it. Indy had at least 21 TO's.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by billthebighawkfan View Post
    Wow! VCU just dominated a game and somehow lost. We certainly can relate to losing NCAA games after blowing leads. Heads up VCU fans, they played well and everyone knows it. Indy had at least 21 TO's.
    After the game tonight, I thought back to your 2002 second round game against Indiana, the MD loss the next season, and that debacle against GW in 06. Tonight's loss seemed to have certain elements of each of those heartbreakers, because even though I am a Rams fan, I cheered like hell for you during those games.

Just wanted to come on and say 'I feel your pain.'
    "I am not Mother Teresa, but I am not Charles Manson either"
    -Mike Tyson