HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Patrick Holloway

There is no reason for me to ask this other than curiosity.

What happens to a recruit if he gives his confirmation and then breaks that and goes to another school? I'm sure it's not possible to go to another d-1 school if you confirm elsewhere... but thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by haxormax View Post

What happens to a recruit if he gives his confirmation and then breaks that and goes to another school? I'm sure it's not possible to go to another d-1 school if you confirm elsewhere... but thoughts?
    You can be released from your Letter of Intent by the school and go anywhere else and play right away as long as you haven't stepped foot on campus for classes. If Holloway takes some summer courses and then "decommits", he'll have to sit out a year unless he goes D2 or below, as it will be treated as a transfer.

If he has signed his LOI, he needs to be released by the school.

If he has not signed his LOI, he can still do whatever he wants.

ah ok. thanks guys

Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

Quote Originally Posted by haxormax View Post

He magically turns into a no-talent hack that we didn't want anyway and will never get off the bench at his new school.
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

Stanford Robinson will miss this game due to team rules infraction according to the article. Holloway will have to pick up some of S.R.'s 13 ppg scoring.

Curious why one would be curious of such a question.

Caught the 1 1/2 qtrs of Paul VI's win. From what I saw Holloway looked good. During Holloway's post game interview his coach, Farell , mentioned there is a reason we call him 'The Assassin'.

George Mason was mentioned often and the interviewer even mentioned the contingent of Mason fans at the game. Whoever you where...very cool.

Three big shots from George Mason commit Patrick Holloway helped Paul VI stop multiple Coolidge rallies and gave the Panthers a 70-64 win and their first City Title in school history.

Holloway's first big shot came after Coolidge had gone on an 8-0 run to cut their 13-point deficit down to five. Holloway nailed a three from the left elbow to push the lead back to eight, 39-31. The second big shot, another three-pointer, came from behind the NBA line from the right elbow and made the score 53-42.

But the third was the most important of all. With around a minute to play, Coolidge made the score 64-62 on a three from the left corner by Charles McDaniels. A putback of a missed shot by Jamall Robinson made the score 66-62 before Holloway sealed the deal.

After a Coolidge miss, Holloway came downcourt, faked a three from the right elbow to get his man up in the air, stepped inside the line, and canned an 18-footer with 23 seconds to go. That made the score 68-62 and ended any Coolidge hopes of a miracle rally.
    http://mobile.dc.sbnation.com/2012/3...ul-vi-coolidge

Holloway tweeted today that he was selected 1st team all-met. Congrats to him!