JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 8 Game Postseason Losing Streak for Drexel's Basketball Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Fan of the Year View Post
    I'm just hoping if we win, Metsox changes his signature. I was hoping this amazing season thus far would cause him to do it. I guess not until we win, if at all.
    Actually, Metsox is 100% correct with that signature and it got worse this year. You can't argue the cold hard facts, and his signature is accurate.

If I thought it was unfair or he was doing it to be rude, I would've brought it up. However, Metsox just wants to win and is very factual about it. I have no problem with people that want to win.

It's the people that want to lose and still get a trophy about whom I have some serious issues.

I'm just tired of it is all. It's been a positive season, regardless of how it has or will end. How about something positive?
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

i think three of bruiser's bigger critics (myself, metsox, and drexeljay) have all been very fair and positive about this season. i started out the year saying it was ncaa tournament or bust. having seen bruiser get the kids ready to play for 19 straight games over 2 months including two wins over old dominion in 8 days...i'd make myself sound pretty stupid if i continued to be negative.

i'm glad jb pointed out our losing streak because it highlights how important tomorrow night's game is. i used to hate the nit...and i still do. it's important this season for our program though. i'd be much more angry with our snub if we didn't have a good chance to be in the same situation next year.

BACK in Center City... Thats how we roll on Mole

FOTY, I don't think anyone has heard me say much about Bru since the season turned around. Nor did I say anything about him with the Jamie or DT items, I actually defended him there. I think I'm pretty fair with Bru, at least I certainly try to be. Yes, he brought in shooters this year, and yes I know they don't grow on trees, but we were begging for shooters before we even signed the colds/harris/guerry class. I'm excited that he finally relented and went after some, but I'm also mindful of the last time he said he had a new recruiting strategy he said he was getting bigger guards: Rodgers, Hampton, Hamption... and then the next year he signed 3 guards no taller than 6'. So I'd love to see him consistently recruit guys that fit in his system... ie guards who shoot more than they slash in hs. Hopefully the trend he set this year is a trend indeed and it continues into the future if Bru chooses to stay here at DU.

As far as the sig line, we've discussed this in other conversations. Due to lack of media coverage, lack of a substantial donor to answer to, lack of pressure from above, whatever the case may be, the Athletics Admin tends to not hear that they are wrong very often. I also think they hold the opinion that if you don't work in the building, you don't need to have an opinion. So this was me putting out undeniable facts. I think there is merit to the accepting mediocrity theory. The book Scorecasting has an entire chapter devoted to the Cubs, and how they have great fans and Wrigley always sells out and people don't care whether the team wins or loses, they buy tickets and support the team. Ownership is lacking a financial incentive for the team to go the extra mile to ensure they put the best possible team they can on the field. Lo and behold, they haven't won the WS since 1912. I think our athletics department is in a similar state right now. Since they don't want to hear our opinions (and I don't know why you would read these boards if you aren't interested in multiple viewpoints, yet they read them) I put facts in my signature. Undeniable facts that do represent a willingness to be average.

I'll take this down tonight if we win. I sure as hell hope we do win. While I do push and call out our Athletics Department and Coaching Staff at times, it's out of a desire to see it improve, and to see us win, and it's out of a love for the school. Tonight we have a chance to take a step forward. A small step maybe, but a step. And I'm excited about that. From BMF to Jay to Marshall, we're all on the same side here, and we all just want to see us win. Sometimes i think people may forget that, but now that we're in the postseason I think it's a good time for us all to remember it.
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!
    Follow the blog on twitter @DragonsSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by DBALL View Post
    NIT and NCAA is apple and oranges. Winning 3 NIT games is not equivalent to winning 1 NCAA game. But I do hope we make a great run and prove the ones who were with us were right.
    I used to think the NIT doesn't matter -- and to a large extent it doesn't -- but I think a solid run for us would do wonders for people like us and for people within the program. Is it the NCAA tourney? No. Is an NIT Final Four as good as the Sweet 16? Of course not.

Then again, ESPN put up a graphic during the NIT selection show listing the winners and runners-up of the NIT over the last few seasons. Nearly all of them -- with a couple notable exceptions -- were very solid programs. So, yeah, it would be really friggin' sweet to the make it to the NIT finals, IMO.

To be clear, though: I would think of it as a start, not the end.

The more I think about it today...now that time passed from the snub...the more I think it would be a disaster if we lost tonight. The nc state loss put a sour taste onto our last great season. I don't want that to happen again.

Good points guys - tonights game is HUGE.

we better win tonight because I can't be there and I don't want that VCU loss to be my last attended game of the year... i really like this year's team and want to support them as much as possible... Kills me that getting there tonight is impossible but i will definitely be there the rest of the way..

Defend the DAC - nobody beats us in our house this year!

Quote Originally Posted by warpig View Post
    The more I think about it today...now that time passed from the snub...the more I think it would be a disaster if we lost tonight. The nc state loss put a sour taste onto our last great season. I don't want that to happen again.
    Not to mention the disaster of a year that followed let it linger even longer. The program only has one postseason victory in its history, so very important game tonight. As I said in another thread, there were not expectations of postseason play last year until after the Louisville game, so maybe we are about a year behind schedule. Play a solid game tonight, win, advance and build the groundwork for a great year next season on a sturdy MSG foundation.

Guys, you are looking solid so far. I am pulling for you.