JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default 8 Game Postseason Losing Streak for Drexel's Basketball Teams

Since Malik Rose and the Dragons shocked the world and knocked off Memphis in March of 1996, we're seen many postseason opportunities for Drexel's mens and womens teams....all have resulted in losses.

Women
    2009 - NCAA - 1st NCAA Appearance but Gabi and the Dragons were completely outmatched by Kansas State in New Mexico
    2010 - WNIT Home Game - Most devistating postseason loss for Drexel. Drexel actually put up the dough for a home game in honor of Gabi's senior season. Drexel blew a 16 point lead late in the game, and lost in OT to East Carolina
    2011 - WNIT at Florida Gulf Coast - Dragons burned by a new Division I school that has put all of it's marbles in putting together a strong womens basketball team.

2012 - WNIT at Fairfield - WILL THIS YEAR BE DIFFERENT???

Men
    1997 - NIT at Bradley - Myers and Guttar's last Drexel game.
    2003 - NIT at Temple - Dragons outmatched by a bigger, stronger Temple team
    2004 - NIT at Villanova - I missed this game, but I was told that the officiating was terrible
    2005 - NIT at Buffalo - J King played all 45 minutes at PG in a heroic effort filling in for injured Bashir Mason. But he missed a FT in the final seconds that would have put Drexel up by 4 in regulation. After the miss, Buffalo nailed a Gamy Tying 3 pointer, and Dragons lose in OT.
    2007 - NIT Home Game vs NC State - Dragons started out on fire. NC State eventually got used to playing in a "high school gym". Elegar missed a bunch of critical FT's in the closing minutes. Drexel loses a heartbreaker.

2012 - NIT vs. UCF - WILL THIS YEAR BE DIFFERENT???

Not basketball but the field hockey team beat U. Conn. three years ago to get to the final eight.
    Drexel 8

Default Re: 8 Game Postseason Losing Streak for Drexel's Basketball Teams

lol... what about the intramural ping pong team? How did they do in the matchup against the UPenn chapter of TKE?

JB,

Whay is this?
    New year = New team.
    Come on dude be positive.

And for the record yes I will go on the record, they win tomorrow.
    Problem solved.

Next up ?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHandler View Post
    JB,

Whay is this?
    New year = New team.
    Come on dude be positive.

And for the record yes I will go on the record, they win tomorrow.
    Problem solved.

Next up ?
    Just pointing out that things need to change around here, that's all. Not trying to be negative, but pointing out just how important tomorrow's game it for the program(s).

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Just pointing out that things need to change around here, that's all. Not trying to be negative, but pointing out just how important tomorrow's game it for the program(s).
    Ok, just want everyone to be happy.
    Staying positive people.

Wins cure a multitude of evils

NIT and NCAA is apple and oranges. Winning 3 NIT games is not equivalent to winning 1 NCAA game. But I do hope we make a great run and prove the ones who were with us were right.
    Phila. Titles: Phillies 1980, 2008; Athletics 1910,1911,1913,1929,1930; Eagles 1948,1949,1960; Flyers 1974,1975; Sixers 1967,1983; Warriors 1956

Quote Originally Posted by DBALL View Post
    NIT and NCAA is apple and oranges. Winning 3 NIT games is not equivalent to winning 1 NCAA game. But I do hope we make a great run and prove the ones who were with us were right.
    I used to think the NIT doesn't matter -- and to a large extent it doesn't -- but I think a solid run for us would do wonders for people like us and for people within the program. Is it the NCAA tourney? No. Is an NIT Final Four as good as the Sweet 16? Of course not.

Then again, ESPN put up a graphic during the NIT selection show listing the winners and runners-up of the NIT over the last few seasons. Nearly all of them -- with a couple notable exceptions -- were very solid programs. So, yeah, it would be really friggin' sweet to the make it to the NIT finals, IMO.

To be clear, though: I would think of it as a start, not the end.

I'm just hoping if we win, Metsox changes his signature. I was hoping this amazing season thus far would cause him to do it. I guess not until we win, if at all.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9