Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: Monday Morning Quarterback: Who's Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    Finally, a post I can agree with!
    me too...i think we are getting to the core of the problem.
    Razor Ramon 2
    Hall of Fame

Re: ODU deserves new conference

Conf us making a bigtime bowl is very rare. And we aren't getting a bcs conference invite.

So like I said, unless we go big east, I'd rather stay fcs.

There is no "national respect" for conference USA or sunbelt teams.

Between in person observations and a review of video of some of our most recent games, I have come to the conclusion that Pearson has been sick, and/or suffered some sort of injury prior to the Northeastern game, which effected his play over the last 2 weeks of the season. He looked short of breath (asthma issue has been mentioned), but he also seemed to be favoring his left side at times. VCU and Georgia State were also both physically very bad matchups for him, so maybe I'm reading to much into this, but I have to wonder how healthy he was.

Taking it a step further, coupled with Copes' hip injury (of unknown severity), could team health be another reason why we didn't go for a CIT/CBI appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by gmujim92 View Post
    Who says we can't?

It just never was a real point of emphasis for Larranaga since his offense relied on spreading the playmaking duties among two or three players.

Many GT fans have noted that Hewitt's offense relies on having great PG play, so I'm quite sure he and the staff will make a point of developing Allen/Edwards and recruting heavily at the PG spot.
    Perhaps, if Jay Threatt stayed at Mason, his brother (CAA All-Rookie Team) Jarvis would have followed him here.

Seasons like this one are needed to make the really good ones that much sweeter. We Patriot fans are a fortunate bunch and we need to look back at where we came from to adjust our perception of where we are now. Nothing wrong with expecting twenty win seasons now, but I remember when it was rare that we even had a dunk in a game.

I find it pretty amazing that we (me included) can be so melancholy over a 24 win season. I've been as skeptical as anyone about Hewitt, but I do think he'll be able to keep the machine moving forward. I look forward to him signing a solid NBA prospect, and do think we'll get our chance to knock the VCU/Richmond monkey off our backs. Considering what we've gone through this past off-season, I'm ok with how things ended.

I also blame Jollay.
    ZoneAdmin
    zoneadmin@caazone.com

CAAZone.com would like to thank all of you for your continued support of this website and our sponsors! Suggestions? Ideas? We'd love to hear them. Email us at: info@caazone.com

Jollay can only be blamed for any suspicious rash that your girlfriend or wife suddenly "gets".

He has no hand in our basketball season.

Snowflake on the other hand....
    America in distress - targeted, harrassed, and persecuted by an out of control Administration.
    Resist, refuse, and defeat the power of Tyranny. Bring the USA back from its great mistake.

Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Patriot View Post

Mike did not come here with a lot of hype. As a matter of fact, I think a lot of people were scared he would become the next Deon Cooper. Instead he became a 3-year starter, one of the best defensive bigs we've ever had and by all accounts the leader of this team when things fell apart last off-season. Yes, he showed signs of greatness that he didn't duplicate night in, night out, but to not say he overperformed through his 4 years is a little silly.
    Not to get in the way of your storytelling, but Morrison was first team all state in Florida. There was quite a bit of hype.
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
    Not to get in the way of your storytelling, but Morrison was first team all state in Florida. There was quite a bit of hype.
    While that may be the case nobody really had an idea about him when he was incoming. ESPN didnt help either as they had him as a 40. From that class the most I heard about prior was DJ, not much in the way of RP or Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by PiKappPatri8 View Post
    Jollay can only be blamed for any suspicious rash that your girlfriend or wife suddenly "gets".

He has no hand in our basketball season.

Snowflake on the other hand....
    Have you ever seen Snowflake and Jollay in the same room together? Kind of like Janet and Michael Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by PiKappPatri8 View Post
    This hurts me to the core - I only espoused the hard truth and golden drops of unassailable intellect which I gave away for free on the politics board.

Et tu Duke??
    oh! theres no question that you dropped some truth on the zone. There is also no question that there was righteous hatred weaved in as well.

Every game is a monumental war - Matt Brady
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by CentDukesFan View Post
    oh! theres no question that you dropped some truth on the zone. There is also no question that there was righteous hatred weaved in as well.
    Touche, Touche Amigo.

Guilty as charged.
    America in distress - targeted, harrassed, and persecuted by an out of control Administration.
    Resist, refuse, and defeat the power of Tyranny. Bring the USA back from its great mistake.