HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Drexel 2011-2012

I've slept on this and I can honestly say the only reason we didn't get in is because we played (and beat) Towson 2x and Binghamton, plus the debacle vs Norfolk St which resulted in opportunity cost. Yeah it sucks that those games ruined our SOS, but whatever. We're going to be even better next year with one of the top 15 backcourts in the NATION.

I feel for Bruiser. He did what the committee wanted him to do in '07, they said no. He tried a different route in '12, they said no. The piece of sh1t schools in our own backyard won't play us. And if they really practiced what they preached about OOC SOS being so important, Long Beach would have gotten better than a 12 and Cincinnati would have gotten worse than a 6. One guy on ESPN mentioned a "blueprint" for what coaches should do to get consideration, and the committee chair dodged the question.

From the main board. A statistical verification of what I've been preaching all along.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ly-for-schools

Butler's run was worth $100,000,000. Ask Zillmer if the SQUASH courts are generating that.

BACK in Center City... Thats how we roll on Mole

Philcski, I agree with you about 07. I guess what upsets me about this year is that all Bru and the staff had to do with the schedule was... THE SAME THING THEY DID EVERY YEAR UNTIL THIS ONE.
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!
    Follow the blog on twitter @DragonsSpeak

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Somebody posted earlier in this thread, that if we were in another league, we'd be dancing right now. That's a weak argument, because the current players that we have wouldn't be playing here in a weaker league.
    No research has been conducted to back that statement. Long Beach State has been recruiting some extremely good players out of the the Big West. New Mexico State was able to essentially recruit an NBA team out of the WAC. This excuse that we can't recruit in a lesser conference has no merit. I assume, kids want to play for Bruiser in Philadelphia, and our conference affiliation has a minimal impact on recruiting. What kid from the northeast dreams about playing Old Dominion, JMU, and the rest of the Virginia schools?

If we stay in the CAA, take the Long Beach State approach to scheduling. Spend most of your time on the road challenging yourself against BCS programs. Long Beach State earned a 12 seed in a horrible conference far worse than the MAAC, Atlantic Sun, and Patriot League.

Quote Originally Posted by MetSox View Post
    Philcski, I agree with you about 07. I guess what upsets me about this year is that all Bru and the staff had to do with the schedule was... THE SAME THING THEY DID EVERY YEAR UNTIL THIS ONE.
    In fairness to Bru, though, he probably thought the Paradise Jam was going to look better for us than it did.

I am of the opinion that the fault lies more with the CAA. Usually the top of the CAA has a bunch of top 100 teams and a couple top 50 teams. It just didn't happen this year.

No research has been conducted to back that statement.
    You don't need research, all you need is common sense. You really think that if Frantz, Samme, DT, McCoy, Ruffin, Fouch, etc, and even our head coach would all come to Drexel if they were in the Patriot League? It's not happening. It took years for Drexel to avoid being a joke in Philadelphia college basketball. They were a joke in the ECC, and joke in the NAC, even when they were winning championships. They're not a joke anymore, but would become a joke again, if they were to regress down to a weaker conference hoping for an easier shot at an automatic bid, which still might not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MetSox View Post
    Agree, and isn't that exactly what I said in the preseason?

(I actually thought we had a better case in '07. This year's bubble was so weak it kept us in the conversation.)

As Bru said yesterday. they had to take Princeton and Fairfield in Sept. because no one else would play at the DAC. We needed more than two home games. I think the PJ really screwed things up. Problem is you only semi control your schedule in those things. It is tough because you already have three road games essentially. Bru also said a MAC game fell through, Akron maybe.

I don't mind you guys being critical of the schedule, but what kills me is a bunch of you honestly believe that Bru put it together just to save his job. I could see other coaches doing it, but Bru is the last guy on earth that would do such a thing. I think the PJ threw us off on how to balance the schedule combined with prior commitments and the need to get home games. So in the end it failed. I don't think it was designed to pickup easy wins.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

Quote Originally Posted by Fan of the Year View Post
    As Bru said yesterday. they had to take Princeton and Fairfield in Sept. because no one else would play at the DAC. We needed more than two home games. I think the PJ really screwed things up. Problem is you only semi control your schedule in those things. It is tough because you already have three road games essentially. Bru also said a MAC game fell through, Akron maybe.

I don't mind you guys being critical of the schedule, but what kills me is a bunch of you honestly believe that Bru put it together just to save his job. I could see other coaches doing it, but Bru is the last guy on earth that would do such a thing. I think the PJ threw us off on how to balance the schedule combined with prior commitments and the need to get home games. So in the end it failed. I don't think it was designed to pickup easy wins.
    No chance he did it to save his job. None. I do guess he probably scheduled down a little because of Fouch being out, but I think the need to get home games is what hurt- and Princeton and Fairfield aren't horrible games.

Remove the Binghamton game and our OOC SOS is 130ish. Shows how painful that game was.

It won't matter next year.

Pre-Season NIT here we come.