DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    John " Teflon Don" Calipari is the only coach in history to have Final Fours vacated at different schools. Playing at UNCW in 1979 isn't going to change my opinion of him. Lots of coaches lose players to the NBA .I think it was shameful of the university to paint Benny Moss as a"win at all costs/doesnt care about academics" kind of coach. And the starnews wonders why he declined to be interviewed?
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

  2. #12

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    I know Calipari and he is as slick as they come but if everyone thinks you are guilty-you are.He is everything that is wrong with the system but can convince some people that it is the system that is broken and not him.He plays it very well but he is a total narcissist.He still holds a grudge against UNCW because he did not get a interview here for the job.Benny Moss is a good guy and nothing like this piece of work.I would love to see any real evidence that would clear Cal of the two separate NCAA smackdowns-he has no such evidence or would have put it out there long ago.UNCW has some issues from what I hear but I don't really think it is a big deal and they should just move on and go to damage control.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sec. 3, Row E, Seat 8 - Since the beginning!
    Posts
    2,547

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinmullet View Post
    He still holds a grudge against UNCW because he did not get a interview here for the job.
    Be careful about that statement. If it supposed to be concerning replacing McPherson - you are dead wrong. I have personal knowledge of that fact. Replacing Mel, maybe. But from the time he was at umass until now - His interest in us is laughable.
    Ocean-Raptor-Ventilator

  4. #14

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    He will not acknowledge the existence of UNCW and I know exactly what happened and how he feels about it right now.The guy is all about himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proff View Post
    Be careful about that statement. If it supposed to be concerning replacing McPherson - you are dead wrong. I have personal knowledge of that fact. Replacing Mel, maybe. But from the time he was at umass until now - His interest in us is laughable.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    1,483

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinmullet View Post
    UNCW has some issues from what I hear but I don't really think it is a big deal and they should just move on and go to damage control.
    Part of damage control is acknowledging what caused the damage.

    This is not about offering up sacrificial lambs (although, come to think of it, UNCW seems to have decided that Benny Moss would make a fine one), it's about not giving the people who helped crash the system a pass so they can be in a position to do it again.

    Tio Hawk is in the general neighborhood of the truth on this one. Adopting a "Nothing to see here, everyone move along and be about your business" stance, isn't 'moving on'...it's inviting more trouble in the future.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    I'm at the crossroads
    Posts
    8,343

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    If they truly want to go after the root causes of the mess we are now in, they would have to include a few of our bigger donors. But that will never happen, because money can be forgiven. Those people are still slithering around our athletic dept.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

    A.K.A. 33Talons

  7. #17

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    I understand that they need to rid themselves of the reason it happened but the point is that they should accept the punishment from the NCAA because it is all true and move away from the appeals process.I don't think they win an appeal and it will draw bad press and attention for a bad reason.They are not in a position to win anything in the post season that warrants making a mountain out of a molehill.The NCAA is not a rational organization and they don't like being shown that they are wrong about a damn thing and they don't have to answer to UNCW or any other mid major for that mattter.I guess it could happen but I could also win the lottery if I bought a ticket.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    1,386

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    Quote Originally Posted by jumpinmullet View Post
    I understand that they need to rid themselves of the reason it happened but the point is that they should accept the punishment from the NCAA because it is all true and move away from the appeals process.I don't think they win an appeal and it will draw bad press and attention for a bad reason.They are not in a position to win anything in the post season that warrants making a mountain out of a molehill.The NCAA is not a rational organization and they don't like being shown that they are wrong about a damn thing and they don't have to answer to UNCW or any other mid major for that mattter.I guess it could happen but I could also win the lottery if I bought a ticket.
    we are going to have to disagree on this too. if the appeals process is there they might as well try. we are taking substantial steps to get our house in order, and without the 1 year lag we have cleaned up or mess to meet NCAA minimums. I agree the NCAA is not rational, but you have to try and maybe you will get lucky, what have you got to lose?
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

  9. #19

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    It seems funny that mullett would call anyone a narcissist. It really does..

    I agree that Moss is unfairly being made to be the target for all this. The real blame goes to the 78 days when she couldn.t anybody to work for her untill trustees stepped up with more money. During thos e 78 days Howie shouldhave also stepped up.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    591

    Default Re: Mull's story a bust! Howie & Williford off the hook!

    I miss the daily stories that tied into the signicance of the day we were on in the search. Was that 70? Man those were the good ole days.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Latest CAAZone.com News


From our Sponsors: