DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM
 
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 135
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Va Beach VA
    Posts
    17,441

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by odu06 View Post
    You guys do realize that you're arguing, yet again, over a bunch of kids that have no idea who you all are right...but Who am I to tell someone how to use their time , just know that some of you are like the kid that fell asleep in class and is drooling on himself and everyone's laughing at you and you have no idea. And really, get over the complex, the fact that these Vcu fans show up with gloating signatures and other things like that really makes you look pathetic. I guess I just don't get it because I'm not quite the kind of loser that feels big when a sports team I root for is good. But hey whatever stop arguing to let the real Conversation seep through or don't, I'm entertained by this freak show regardless
    So us talking about it makes us losers but you talking about us talking about it makes you a winner? Fantastic stuff.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    485

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    Yeah that's not what I said at all. I even said in an earlier post that I am also guilty of acting like a jerk off, but I do my best not to anymore. What are you guys even "talking" about? I can't figure it through all of the childish back forth stuff. You know a lot about the game and the teams, and all that, but we don't get to benefit from your knowledge as often as we should, instead we get to read childish arguing more often than not. I'm saying is that it'd be nice to read a thread every now and again that didn't turn into what they all seem to turn into now, which is garbage. Why bother with the pissing match every time the Vcu trolls make their way over here? The what could be good content of this board is ruined by the constant arguing over nonsense. This board is like the tony mercurio show of the caa zone. But it's your Internet world man, do what you like
    Last edited by odu06; 03-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Charleston, WV
    Posts
    3,504

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon 2 View Post
    So us talking about it makes us losers but you talking about us talking about it makes you a winner? Fantastic stuff.
    Don't worry about Razor you all. He is so beguiled by VCU's magnificence that he doesn't know what he is saying.
    EverRespect was quoted as saying, "Face it, VCU is a better team and the scary thing is they are all freshman and sophomores other than Burgess. It may be a long time before we beat them again."

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,195

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    Not a bandwagon VCU fan and I've been posting on here uninterrupted for a number of years. It gets a little annoying when some of you paint "all" VCU fans with such a broad brush. If it makes you feel better, go ahead, but at best it's misleading and incorrect. That kind of diminishes the credibility of other things you may post which is unfortunate, because some of you have some terrific insight and I enjoy reading opinions of other teams' fans.

    Cheer against the Rams if you think that somehow gets you even or ahead of VCU fans in some way, shape, or form. I'll be routing for Drexel in the NIT and you guys and Georgia State in your tournament.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by enonram View Post
    Not a bandwagon VCU fan and I've been posting on here uninterrupted for a number of years. It gets a little annoying when some of you paint "all" VCU fans with such a broad brush. If it makes you feel better, go ahead, but at best it's misleading and incorrect. ....
    No question, enonram, the majority of VCU posters are okay -- you included. But broad-brush statements are the nature of most any internet conversation. Not having to look you in the eye, it costs me nothing to say something uncharitable about VCU (note that I capitalized it -- something that you would be scolded for if you capitalized ODU over on ramnation).

    The real problem for VCU, especially this year, is the perpetual Richmond-based tournament. It causes you guys a number of problems, including:

    1. Exposing the rest of the CAA fans to the worst of you. Typically (but not always) traveling fans are of a higher caliber.

    2. It leaves a lingering bad taste to be shouted down by hordes of opposing fans, at what is supposed to be a neutral site. It makes it even less tolerable when it happens in a game in which VCU is not even involved.

    3. As ODUSmitty has pointed out elsewhere, it is akin to affirmative action. VCU may in fact be the strongest team this year in the CAA. But there are lots of us who wonder, often aloud, whether Drexel wasn't more deserving of the NCAA bid.

    4. It makes the arrogant comments from other not-so-good VCU posters that much harder to tolerate.

    I honestly believe that the team that would benefit most from moving the tournament out of Richmond would be VCU. But (as I am constantly reminded by other VCU posters) so stating makes me whiny and obsessive.

    For the record, I'm one of the minority ODU fans who will be actively cheering for VCU -- not that it makes a bit of difference.
    Last edited by ViewFromSec102; 03-14-2012 at 08:45 PM.
    Fortunate to be an adopted Monarch.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,866

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by enonram View Post
    Cheer against the Rams if you think that somehow gets you even or ahead of VCU fans in some way, shape, or form. I'll be routing for Drexel in the NIT and you guys and Georgia State in your tournament.

    It has nothing to do with that. I do not, and will not buy the argument that supporting another team in our conference actually works to our benefit, particularly a mid-major that consistently earns few bids to the NCAA tournament. I have no relation to VCU, and truly find the school to have a distasteful culture, and would never recommend anyone I know to attend there from the experiences I know of people that's gone to the school.

    Additionally, we get some money from an NCAA run, and that's it. The amount isn't material and will not be the difference from ODU being successfull or not. This isn't a BCS money we're talking about, and there is no major national TV contract and 16 major teams, like the Big East. So, I see absolutely zero reason to support VCU or any other CAA school in any way at all. If someone choose to do so, that's great, but our fan base and support makes the athletics what it is; not our conference.

    And lastly, some of the VCU posters here are fine. But I come here to read and post about ODU and anything that may reflect it. The conversation goes south almost all the time when the same crowd shows up by not adding anything to the conversation, other than trying to prove something that no ODU fan actually cares about. So yeah, I'd assume the people that post here are in some ways going to reflect some of the most hardcore VCU fans, and couple that with the VCU people you see at the Coliseum, and it's just hard to give a favorable opinion, rivals or not.
    Last edited by officeguy; 03-14-2012 at 08:45 PM.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Va Beach VA
    Posts
    17,441

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    It has nothing to do with that. I do not, and will not buy the argument that supporting another team in our conference actually works to our benefit, particularly a mid-major that consistently earns few bids to the NCAA tournament. I have no relation to VCU, and truly find the school to have a distasteful culture, and would never recommend anyone I know to attend there from the experiences I know of people that's gone to the school.

    Additionally, we get some money from an NCAA run, and that's it. The amount isn't material and will not be the difference from ODU being successfull or not. This isn't a BCS money we're talking about, and there is no major national TV contract and 16 major teams, like the Big East. So, I see absolutely zero reason to support VCU or any other CAA school in any way at all. If someone choose to do so, that's great, but our fan base and support makes the athletics what it is; not our conference.

    And lastly, some of the VCU posters here are fine. But I come here to read and post about ODU and anything that may reflect it. The conversation goes south almost all the time when the same crowd shows up by not adding anything to the conversation, other than trying to prove something that no ODU fan actually cares about. So yeah, I'd assume the people that post here are in some ways going to reflect some of the most hardcore VCU fans, and couple that with the VCU people you see at the Coliseum, and it's just hard to give a favorable opinion, rivals or not.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,195

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    I respectfully disagree. I think VCU with a few wins, Drexel going deep, and ODU and GSU going deep solidifies in the minds of other so-called "mid-major" fans, Power-6 fans, ex-player deskjockey talking heads, and most importantly SC members that this league deserves more recognition for the quality of play of its member institutions and said recognition to translate into future at-large bids. That benefits us all. That helps with recruiting and we all spiral up from there.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Richmond
    Posts
    2,102

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    To answer the thread question; not just no but hell no.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,866

    Default Re: The ultimate question....too root for vcu or not?

    If they lose, it's going to fun to see them all scatter like cockroaches.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Latest CAAZone.com News


From our Sponsors: