Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Also, DC is suddenly a sports star town.

Skins: RG3
    Nats: Strasburg/Harper
    Caps: OVI

Zards: John wall?

Default Re: OT - Redskins get #2 draft pick

RG3 isn't guaranteed - calm the fark down everyone. Getting so hyped that come draft day when Colts snag RG3 and we get Luck everyone will be like "wtf who is Luck"

Quote Originally Posted by jmuduke9 View Post
    It's being reported that four teams were offering up packages similar to what the Redskins gave. They didn't overpay, they simply paid the going rate.
    You don't know, and neither does anyone else, if they overpaid at this point. No one will know for several years. If Griffin doesn't make multiple Pro Bowls then the Skins overpaid. If he does, they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by jmaddy View Post
    RG3 isn't guaranteed - calm the fark down everyone. Getting so hyped that come draft day when Colts snag RG3 and we get Luck everyone will be like "wtf who is Luck"
    Yep, if I had a dollar for every player that I heard was guaranteed.....

Quote Originally Posted by jmuduke9 View Post
    It's being reported that four teams were offering up packages similar to what the Redskins gave. They didn't overpay, they simply paid the going rate.
    Those would have had to have been teams picking low in the first round or in other words, bad teams. You don't want to be doing what bad teams are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JmuSkinsFan View Post

1) teams are built more so with picks in rounds 2-7 as much as they are with first rounders. Draft smart like Shanny has done so far and you can still build through the draft sans first rounders.

3) three current players on skins roster were first round picks used by skins (Kerrigan, orakpo, williams)
    These statements seems to contradict each other. My guess it that teams are built more with picks from rounds 2-7 over the first round because they have 6 TIMES MORE PICKS IN ROUNDS 2-7. Also, you then go on to cite the Redskins three best players, who are all first rounders.

I am shocked that Snyder would let Allen and Shanny do this. Bottom line. Shanny is grasping for his job. IF, and I like RG3 and think he will succeed, but IF he doesn't, or has a couple years similar to Cam Newton this year (good year but team struggles) Shanny will be out the door and the skins will be set back for a few more years. They need a lot of position players. Huge gamble in my opinion.
    Sell this thing out! Godwin side = another year of Stadium cam!

No one player is worth all this and a rookie who has not played a down in the NFL to boot. I like RG3 the person. He is smart, disciplined, hard working and comes from a good family. He is also one hit away from being on the sidelines.

The Skins do have many needs. Snyder should know you can't buy your way to a championship. He has tried and failed many times. You have to build your team through the draft stockpiling players each years. It takes 53 good ones to win a championship not just a franchise QB.

I am very much against this deal.

Hate the move.

1) With RGIII at QB, starting from Day 1, I think we still suck this year. So I think we gave up a top 8 or so pick next year.

2) With the new rookie wage scale, top 10 picks have BIG value. We just gave up a ton of value, all on the shoulders of 1 kid. I like the kid, but he's not Luck. He's not can't miss.

3) There's so much pressure on this kid from Day 1 now. And we don't have a great team around him. Use the $$$ for free agents, great. But we had a lot of other problems.

Also, DC is suddenly a sports star town.

Skins: RG3
    Nats: Strasburg/Harper
    Caps: OVI

Zards: John wall & Anthony Davis or Andre Drummond and without Blatche and Nick Young
    Fixed
    JMU, The Pride of VA and Ohio

The Browns supposedly were going to offer 3 firsts ... Skins upped it with this years 2nd.

You can say they overpaid all you want, but Luck and RG3 are two incredible prospects worthy of whatever a team seems necessary. The fact that 4 teams were actively trying to move up to #2 when you have Manning/Flynn/Orton out there as FAs is remarkable.
    This last thing is what made me feel slightly better about the situation. Basically, I don't trust the Redskins' ability to evaluate QB's. The fact that other teams wanted to move up makes me feel better. Of course, most of the other teams that wanted to move up can't evaluate QB's either. Otherwise they wouldn't need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Dukaholic View Post
    Hate the move.

1) With RGIII at QB, starting from Day 1, I think we still suck this year. So I think we gave up a top 8 or so pick next year.

2) With the new rookie wage scale, top 10 picks have BIG value. We just gave up a ton of value, all on the shoulders of 1 kid. I like the kid, but he's not Luck. He's not can't miss.

3) There's so much pressure on this kid from Day 1 now. And we don't have a great team around him. Use the $$$ for free agents, great. But we had a lot of other problems.

I don't disagree with any of that but on the other hand, what happens if he doesn't pan out - we don't make the playoffs again? I'm only half kidding.
    Clutch poster.