Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default I thought this interesting

Thought I would post this. Team report for VCU. See the third line that starts with, "The Rams came out of nowhere....".

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...2012-ncaab-vaa
    EverRespect was quoted as saying, "Face it, VCU is a better team and the scary thing is they are all freshman and sophomores other than Burgess. It may be a long time before we beat them again."

Default Re: I thought this interesting

Quote Originally Posted by BradRamFan View Post
    Thought I would post this. Team report for VCU. See the third line that starts with, "The Rams came out of nowhere....".

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...2012-ncaab-vaa
    Pathetic that someone got paid to write this.

I will certainly agree with you on that. I've noticed that many of the preseason mags that cover the conferences know very little about most of the teams in our conference. They don't list the latest recruits, don't get the w/l record straight (or who won what tournament or when obviously), etc. Heck one mag called us (VCU) the VCU Commodores this year even after we went to the FF (someone did that last year too so I think that writer just looked at old documents from others).

I think part of the blame may fall on the school for not doing a good job at marketing, part on the CAA for not doing a good job of marketing, and a large part goes on the sports writers who do a crap job and are lazy. I can understand how some blogger my screw up...but not the major publication.
    EverRespect was quoted as saying, "Face it, VCU is a better team and the scary thing is they are all freshman and sophomores other than Burgess. It may be a long time before we beat them again."

“This is not the end of our story,” Taylor promised. “It’s another step in the journey,” he said, noting that he expected his Pilots to be in some postseason tournament.

He called us the Pilots. I have also seen George Mason referred to as the Colonials.

LOL...Pilots....I missed that one! Great!

If it weren't so sad it would be almost comical.

Quote Originally Posted by BradRamFan View Post
    LOL...Pilots....I missed that one! Great!

If it weren't so sad it would be almost comical.
    Hey Dean. Please do us all a favor and take your motorcycle and your PhD and your opinions back to SheepNation where they belong.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Pictures\old-dominion.button.png

Awww, don't be a debbie downer Mr Dancing. I haven'tsaid anything negative at all in this thread, haven't berated anyone, haven't been nasty. I'm a fan who is just as peeved at these sports writers as the rest of you.

But I guess I will leave. To be honest, I find it very sad when fans of the same conference and same sport can't even discuss sports issues without someone getting pissed or it turning into a pissing contest.

Sheesh.
    Last edited by BradRamFan; 03-09-2012 at 06:36 PM.

I actually think that was the first interesting thing brad has ever posted on the caazone. No really.....ever.

The pilots lol. If I was that bad at my job I'd be imediately fired. That article is a joke.