Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Now that Temple has bailed out of the A-10 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by myorangecrush View Post
    A report out today said that Butler is going to the A10, and the A10 want GMU, VCU and Drexel as well. This leads ODU in a bad conference for Basketball.

Pretty much the A10 want to do to CAA basketball what the CAA did to A10 football.
    I would strongly consider it....strongly assuming xavier/dayton/stlouis aren't leaving and that butler is joining. Would make for an extremely strong basketball conference of public and private schools.
    EverRespect was quoted as saying, "Face it, VCU is a better team and the scary thing is they are all freshman and sophomores other than Burgess. It may be a long time before we beat them again."

Quote Originally Posted by BradRamFan View Post
    And why not....gather up a number of philly/local schools and grab the market...less travel costs....inner city/intraconference rivalries. Plus drexel is a private school much like many of the A10 schools...albeit not religious. I don't see the problem. Plus out of all the AE schools, Drexel has had the best performing program. The thing that really hurts them is the facilities.
    Our facilities are on par with la salle so thats not an issue. The issue is philly teams hate us so including them in the same breath as their teams would p!ss them off. The move itself would be good for us, the philly teams would go bat sh!t crazy fighting for their lives to keep us out though

Quote Originally Posted by dan10 View Post
    Our facilities are on par with la salle so thats not an issue. The issue is philly teams hate us so including them in the same breath as their teams would p!ss them off. The move itself would be good for us, the philly teams would go bat sh!t crazy fighting for their lives to keep us out though
    "bat sh!t crazy"....hey sounds just like ODU....would make for a great rivalries!
    EverRespect was quoted as saying, "Face it, VCU is a better team and the scary thing is they are all freshman and sophomores other than Burgess. It may be a long time before we beat them again."

Quote Originally Posted by myorangecrush View Post
    A report out today said that Butler is going to the A10, and the A10 want GMU, VCU and Drexel as well. This leads ODU in a bad conference for Basketball.

Pretty much the A10 want to do to CAA basketball what the CAA did to A10 football.
    If the top of the A10 is sticking around, I can't see how any of the schools mentioned decline. That'd be one of the more powerful basketball conferences in the country, especially if they can manage to trim some fat from the bottom of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BradRamFan View Post
    "bat sh!t crazy"....hey sounds just like ODU....would make for a great rivalries!
    Dude, from previous profile pictures I have seen, you must be at least 40+ years old. Why is such a supposedly mature fan acting like a pimple-popping, impulse control-challenged, and trolling POS? Really? Grow the f* up. You are an embarrassment to all (three?) good VCU fans and my generation in general. In fact, you are the embodiment of the middle-aged class-lacking VCU fan that so many find toxic in the big brown turd.

Quote Originally Posted by ODUsmitty View Post
    Dude, from previous profile pictures I have seen, you must be at least 40+ years old. Why is such a supposedly mature fan acting like a pimple-popping, impulse control-challenged, and trolling POS? Really? Grow the f* up. You are an embarrassment to all (three?) good VCU fans and my generation in general. In fact, you are the embodiment of the middle-aged class-lacking VCU fan that so many find toxic in the big brown turd.
    It is all about Razor...the dude is so easy to bait. And if you actually read my earlier posts in the threads on the ODU forum you would find that my comments were not derogatory at all. In fact they were positive regarding ODU. Razor jumped on any and all VCU posters regardless of what they said so I just ran with it. Think ill of me if you want but I support ODU in every way...OOC and post-season....except during the conference play.

That said, I do feel that ODU has gone overboard regarding the tournament...especially considering VCU had absolutely no involvement in ODU whatsoever in tournament play...we did not chose the tournament site, we did not solicit bids....we just play in the tournament just like you.

And both VCU and ODU do have "bat sh*t crazy" fans...that is what makes our rivalry the best in the CAA and the best in the state of virginia.

So instead of acting like a gracious host of a tournament that you have had the great fortune of having in your backyard for two decades, you choose to bait an opposing fanbase (and other conference members) who dares to call that arrangement inequitable.

And yet you have the cojones to wonder why the majority of these boards are sick of your fanbase? Look in the mirror, Sparky.

And for the record, Drexel was better than ODU this year, and they deserved better than the equivalent of a championship game on VCU's defacto home court to earn the right to play in the NCAAs.

Quote Originally Posted by dan10 View Post
    Even though your faculties are on par dosent make you desirable

Did anyone notice the mass exodus of students with still a minute to play at the Minnesota/LaSalle game last night?

Weird and embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by MNAFETSC View Post
    Even though your faculties are on par dosent make you desirable
    I never said we were desirable, in fact I said quite the opposite, that all of the other philly teams would never want us in their conferences.