Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default Now that Temple has bailed out of the A-10 . . .

... which school will be the first to jump to the CAA?

Richmond?

Fordham?

University of Rhode Island?

And will Charlotte now opt to become a full member in the CAA?

Default Re: Now that Temple has bailed out of the A-10 . . .

Probably not going to happen, but if I had to wager it would be Charlotte, for football reasons.

Charlotte makes the most sense so that will probably never happen. I doubt UR would come back hat in hand to the CAA or that the CAA would be all that receptive about taking them back. Having UR back would help mitigate the VCU home court advantage at the CAA Tournament so that would be a good thing. Rhode Island is dropping down in football from the CAA to the NEC (?) so that would not be all that good of a move for them. Fordham could be interesting. It would give Hofstra someone close and they do have play football.
    Clay
    ODU Class of 2001

Old Dominion Athletics: Time to get blue!

We are Old Dominion. We still don't play on Friday.

Richmond to the CAA would certainly silence the Coliseum. Half the crowd would have gray hair and never stand up or raise their voice.

I don't see Richmond or URI for the reasons mentioned. The Patriot League is now phasing in scholarships for football and moving away from their merit based aid model. So that likely means Fordham stays put in the A-10 with their Jesuit brothers. Charlotte would be the best bet but even then I'm doubtful.

pretty sure richmond is transferring down to D3 for their football program

Every game is a monumental war - Matt Brady
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

The thought of Fordham as a basketball addition would make me want to vomit. Teams are leaving the #1 basketball conference in the big east for football reasons. We take on sh*t basketball programs for football reason. Let's further erode the conferences most visible (on the national level) sport.
    EverRespect was quoted as saying, "Face it, VCU is a better team and the scary thing is they are all freshman and sophomores other than Burgess. It may be a long time before we beat them again."

Fordham will not come over. Pecora left Hofstra because he felt he could not win with the tournament in Richmond. If Fordham does join the CAA Pecora would either quit or commit suiside.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

Quote Originally Posted by EverRespect View Post
    Richmond to the CAA would certainly silence the Coliseum. Half the crowd would have gray hair and never stand up or raise their voice.
    Richmond fans hardly exist. Do you remember their lack of excitement when their football team won the FCS title? I think some of them still haven't realized it yet...

The A-10 could stay at 13, they already have an unbalanced conference schedule. When the Big East eventually splits on football and non-football lines, that would allow for the top A-10 schools to join a hoops only Big East.