HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Opening in the A-10

Sure would be nice to have Hofstra in Atlantic 10 and Fordham in the CAA....

Quote Originally Posted by stuball888 View Post
    There is also talk of Fordham going to the CAA because of football.
    If Fordham were ever to leave the A-10 for another conference, it wouldn't be the CAA. It would be back to the Patriot League for all sports. It finally recently approved scholarships for football.

We can't win in the CAA what makes you think we can win in the much tougher A10?

Quote Originally Posted by bob13 View Post
    We can't win in the CAA what makes you think we can win in the much tougher A10?
    The CAA was as good if not better than the A10 last year and hofstra finished 2nd in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    The CAA was as good if not better than the A10 last year and hofstra finished 2nd in the conference.
    First, that was last year and even so I don't think so-look at the power ratings of all the teams in the conference.

The CAA has been better at the top, which is why they've made a lot more noise in the NCAAT in recent years (although certainly teams like Xavier, Temple, St. Joe's have all had their times in the sun; though you wouldn't have to worry about Temple anymore), but the A-10 has been deeper than the CAA recently.

So, it would be more teams for us to climb over, which might make it a tougher league. Maybe slightly easier than the CAA at the top, but could be a lot tougher to deal with after that, which would affect our overall season.

Playing against Pecora's Rams instead of the VCU Rams would be fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Pride Fan View Post
    Playing against Pecora's Rams instead of the VCU Rams would be fun though.
    Not so sure Coach Mo feels that way, based on the "man-crush" he has on Shaka Smart

Fordham going to the CAA would be Pecoras worst nightmare. That is why he left Hofstra . That and the $$$$$.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

Quote Originally Posted by joeg1 View Post
    Not so sure Coach Mo feels that way, based on the "man-crush" he has on Shaka Smart
    I meant fun for us.

If Mo accomplishes what Shaka has so far, I'm okay with that.

One of our best recruits in a long time is starring on the EIGHTH-seeded A-10 team, one of the eight teams which had double digit conference wins in the A-10 this year, and they just beat the top seed today. That's how deep the A-10 is right now - moving to the A-10 for us would be tougher than some might think.