DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    What about some home cooking for The Panthers once in a while? GSU Areana is a little small but what about having CAA Championship at Georgia Tech at same time GT is away at ACC Tourney? Worst case Charlotte, NC.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Black Cloud, Room 1313
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    Quote Originally Posted by BoycottRichmondCAA View Post
    What about some home cooking for The Panthers once in a while? GSU Areana is a little small but what about having CAA Championship at Georgia Tech at same time GT is away at ACC Tourney? Worst case Charlotte, NC.
    this has about as much of a chance as George Clooney turning African-american.....BTW,hasn't the Horse been beaten for 20=years already???

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    East Atlanta
    Posts
    1,779

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    We also have a little arena called Phillips 2 blocks away from GSU

    Prettiest Ginormous Stadium in America

    GSU To FBS Today!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Norcross, GA
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    We also have a little arena called Phillips 2 blocks away from GSU
    All due respect, the ACC couldn't fill up Philips. Do you REALLY think the CAA could?

    Better venue would be the Gwinnett Arena about 30 miles outside of town.

    Of course, this is all a moot conversation because we all know the tournament isn't going anywhere for a long time.
    "Just tryin' to capture the spirit of the thing, Reg." -- Dicky Dunn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    1,211

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real GSU View Post
    All due respect, the ACC couldn't fill up Philips. Do you REALLY think the CAA could?

    Better venue would be the Gwinnett Arena about 30 miles outside of town.

    Of course, this is all a moot conversation because we all know the tournament isn't going anywhere for a long time.
    As in NEVER.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    Yeah, makes great sense. Let's move it to a location that has only one school within 200 miles and this the one with the near lowest home attendance in the CAA.

    Brilliant! Why couldn't Yeager come up with that one!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    1,211

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    Quote Originally Posted by Sitting Bull View Post
    Yeah, makes great sense. Let's move it to a location that has only one school within 200 miles and this the one with the near lowest home attendance in the CAA.

    Brilliant! Why couldn't Yeager come up with that one!
    Daugh, he is not from ATL Seriously, Richmond is kind of centered and without those seats in the middle filled by local college followers the CAA coffers would be hurting. If you listen to our coach he will tell you you have to win road games and that is what Richmond is for the non-VA schools. No hard feelings, it is just the way it is. I don't think Drexel's loss was because of VCU fans, it was because VCU jumped on them with a vengeance. If it would have happened in Phillie, it would have been the same outcome. Gotta be ready to play no matter where you are.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    St Elmo's Hall
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeRunner View Post
    Daugh, he is not from ATL Seriously, Richmond is kind of centered and without those seats in the middle filled by local college followers the CAA coffers would be hurting. If you listen to our coach he will tell you you have to win road games and that is what Richmond is for the non-VA schools. No hard feelings, it is just the way it is. I don't think Drexel's loss was because of VCU fans, it was because VCU jumped on them with a vengeance. If it would have happened in Phillie, it would have been the same outcome. Gotta be ready to play no matter where you are.
    Amen!
    William & Mary Annual Giving supports student-athletes http://www.wm.edu/giving/index.php. Every gift counts, whether $5 or $5,000.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Norcross, GA
    Posts
    553

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeRunner View Post
    Daugh, he is not from ATL Seriously, Richmond is kind of centered and without those seats in the middle filled by local college followers the CAA coffers would be hurting. If you listen to our coach he will tell you you have to win road games and that is what Richmond is for the non-VA schools. No hard feelings, it is just the way it is. I don't think Drexel's loss was because of VCU fans, it was because VCU jumped on them with a vengeance. If it would have happened in Phillie, it would have been the same outcome. Gotta be ready to play no matter where you are.
    Yeah, I (for one) have no problem with the tournament being in Richmond. Maybe we haven't been in the CAA long enough to get too torqued out about this , but it seems like it makes sense geographically.
    "Just tryin' to capture the spirit of the thing, Reg." -- Dicky Dunn

  10. #10

    Default Re: Get CAA Tournament out of Richmond

    I have to compliment your mascot at the tourney, Pounce. He was awesome.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Latest CAAZone.com News


From our Sponsors: