HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Default The difference between Blaine and shaka

Ever mentioned this in another thread and it's completely true.......shaka teaches his players to think they are the best and to feel like they can win every game.

That is an extremely confident group.

Meanwhile, Blaine tears kids like baze and batten and neely down to try and build them back up. I certainly prefer shakas style in this matter over blaine's.

Baze's o for the butler game didn't surprise me at all. Can't stand blain putting kids in the doghouse. It's an old school mentality and yet another reason we can't get big recruits. 18 and 19 year old kids don't want to listen to some old fat white guy telling them how bad they are and how much they need to improve (and if you don't think Blaine has ever thrown players under the bus, you are insane).

Default Re: The difference between Blaine and shaka

Yet his players are loyal to him and he has managed to win 3 CAA Titles in that building that Drexel is currently getting destroyed in.

All 3 times beating VCU.

It's safe to say both coaches have had some success.

the difference between blaine taylor and shaka smart is that blaine taylor isn't trending worldwide on twitter right now

Oh and I forgot to add hunter to the doghouse list.

Smart and vcu are leaving odu in the dust and Blaine has everything to do with that, regardless of a few caa championships we've won.

Quote Originally Posted by PG#11 View Post
    Yet his players are loyal to him and he has managed to win 3 CAA Titles in that building that Drexel is currently getting destroyed in.

All 3 times beating VCU.

It's safe to say both coaches have had some success.
    Why was this not responded to?
    "Carter Bounce Pass..."

GIFSoup

"FINNEY!!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hassell4Prez View Post
    Cause Razor likes to ignore posts that make too much sense but don't support his agenda.
    GO Big BLUE!!!!

oh and talk about tearing guys down, I don't know about you, but Kent Bazemore sure looks like he's lacking in the confidence department? Get a clue.
    GO Big BLUE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hassell4Prez View Post

Because it really isn't the point of the thread.
    And frankly, there's nothing wrong with the good things he's accomplished at ODU. The problem said over and over in many threads is that he has never taken the program above expectations. Just enough to keep his job. Many don't find that acceptable over an 11 year span.

Shaka took VCU above and beyond anyone's wildest expectations, and is now taking one of the youngest teams in the country right back to the NCAA. It is what it is, ODU will be competitive again some day, but the two coaches couldn't be more night and day.
    Last edited by officeguy; 03-05-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Congrats to the great Shaka for winning his first ever conference title. 1>4
    If I don't respond, it's because you're on 'Ignore.'

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayinVA View Post
    Cause Razor likes to ignore posts that make too much sense but don't support his agenda.
    It wasn't ignored you dunce. It has nothing to do with the point. I could easily just say "Shaka went to a Final 4 in 2 years as a coach and Blaine has won a single ncaa tourney game in 17 years as a coach" and blow that stupid argument out of the water.

It still doesn't change the fact that Blaine's style of riding young players into the dirt and putting them in the doghouse isn't the most effective and I'd prefer something else. If you are ok with that, congrats, good for you.