TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: VCU - TEOTNB Part III - Hell Freezes Over

Good Luck guys

Quote Originally Posted by myasssisdragon View Post
    For those of you who are in Richmond. Do you think there will be enough "others" rooting for us to even up the crowd? We know that ODU and GMU are not fans of VCU can they be DAC Packers by default?
    Maybe 300-400 Drexel fans there today. Don't expect that number to be better tomorrow. Place holds more than 10,000 and it will sell out. And it only be all UCV. GMU and ODU fans won't travel over an hour to cheer against UCV.

What gets me is how UCV fans laughed at when we call it a home advantage. I get it that the UCV support is part of what makes the tourney a success and where else would you play it yadda yadda. But don't insult me by telling me it's not a home advantage.

Nevertheless, DU will be up for the challenge.
    Phila. Titles: Phillies 1980, 2008; Athletics 1910,1911,1913,1929,1930; Eagles 1948,1949,1960; Flyers 1974,1975; Sixers 1967,1983; Warriors 1956

Congratulations on the win yesterday. The Dragons are the best team in the CAA.

One more thing...... Kick their butts!

What I remember from last year's game vs. VCU was that Drexel (and particularly Frantz) handled the press very well. That being said, VCU may have a better press this season, but we also have more experience.

Nevertheless, beating that press is all about staying calm and executing. Frantz definitely has an advantage over the PGs from NU and GMU in dribbling with pressure, but I imagine he'll get trapped, and they'll force Fouch to bring up the ball. ODU did this yesterday in the 2nd half, although not in "Havoc" mode.

VCU will likely trap in the half-court too, and try and keep Drexel out of the half-court offense at all costs. They want us to take quick shots and push the tempo. We just have to execute, and hopefully in the paint, not necessarily raining 3's to start the game. We definitely need the 3, but against the press, we want to take the high % shots and then play our D.
    "Why don't we go lay on the bed and I'll fill you in?"

Just browsed the Drexel game related threads over on the vcu boards, and what some have said about them trying to make their own little bubble free of criticism is true. Jay and one other drexel fan venture over there to talk basketball, and the response was "go back to your boards". They then went on to say how the entire Zone board is unreadable, apparently because we (11 schools' worth of fans) are all idiots to not realize that vcu is god's gift to the CAA.
    Quotes from the Waffle House Challenge, the most spectacular, yet awful thing you could do to your stomach during a trip to the CAA tournament:

"I just don't want to chew anymore."
    "Order up, damnit!"
    "Don't flush, I want to see it first."

What is it going to take to beat VCU........another 12 hours.

I love Samme's ball handling against the press too. It reminds me of the '09 girls when teams would try to press and Gabi would kill 'em.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

Congrats on a great season thus far and for making it to the Championship. Hopefully we'll get the win, but I do feel as though both teams should be in the tournament.

Enjoy the game guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LateToTheGame View Post
    Just browsed the Drexel game related threads over on the vcu boards, and what some have said about them trying to make their own little bubble free of criticism is true. Jay and one other drexel fan venture over there to talk basketball, and the response was "go back to your boards". They then went on to say how the entire Zone board is unreadable, apparently because we (11 schools' worth of fans) are all idiots to not realize that vcu is god's gift to the CAA.
    I regret browsing over there too -- there is little sense of reality over there. They are STILL pushing the fact that the ONLY reason that we beat them earlier in the season was an off FT shooting night. That's it. F them.

That program wouldn't be half as successful if they didn't have 10,000 fans that could walk down to the tournament every year -- it's why IMO Capel, Grant and Smart are over-valued as coaches.

And I'm glad that warpig brought up their band up in the other thread. Oh -- you can play 3 notes really loud and dance around with underwear OVER your pants?!?! Congratu-friggin-lations!

When we win tonight, I want Drexel fans to burn that city to the ground -- scorched earth, leaving nothing behind!
    Keep Bruiser!!!

Good Luck Drexel. You sure kicked our ass yesterday.

You will be out numbered not 10 to 1 as was mentioned but more like 75 to 100 to 1. No joke. This tournament being in Richmond every year IS a joke though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrexPhanatic View Post
    I regret browsing over there too -- there is little sense of reality over there. They are STILL pushing the fact that the ONLY reason that we beat them earlier in the season was an off FT shooting night. That's it. F them.

That program wouldn't be half as successful if they didn't have 10,000 fans that could walk down to the tournament every year -- it's why IMO Capel, Grant and Smart are over-valued as coaches.

And I'm glad that warpig brought up their band up in the other thread. Oh -- you can play 3 notes really loud and dance around with underwear OVER your pants?!?! Congratu-friggin-lations!

When we win tonight, I want Drexel fans to burn that city to the ground -- scorched earth, leaving nothing behind!
    We got this.