Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Final Four is set - who will make the championship?

Vcu vs GMU and Drexel vs ODU. All 4 could win it all.

Drexel vs Vcu in the championship are my picks. Both have 26 wins and give us our best shot at getting 2 teams into the Dance.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

Default Re: Final Four is set - who will make the championship?

I'd say VCU over Drexel but I'll be rooting for Drexel to stick it to the big 3 VA schools.

I think Drexel is too good on offense for ODU to beat them, plus they can rebound with them and VCU can't hang with Drexel in the paint...if they get past Mason.

Drexel takes it all, although i'd like to see VCU beat Drexel in the finals so we have a shot at two bids. I just don't see it happening though.

F two bids. I'm weary of cheering multiple bids and for other CAA teams because we've been absent competitively since 2006. F the VA teams (especially VCU and that rat infested city of Richmond). Go Drexel. Love him or hate him, but it's finally Bruiser's turn to take the crown and stick it to those VA schools that have dominated our conference for the last 5 years.
    UNCW - Where beating #1 happens.

Can I pray for a giant $hit bomb to go off and all the games get cancelled? I agree with the f the VA schools sentiment, but i might hate big mouth Bruiser and drexel just as much!
    At Least our baseball team is nails!

I hate the VA schools as much as anybody but I will pull for them in the NCAA tourny. I would rather VCU make the NCAA with 26 or 27 wins than a 16-17 win team from a MajorConference. It is not the VA schools fault that we have sucked @ss for 6 years. I don't know too many CAA clubs that win 5 conference games WITH a 1st team All CAA frontcourt player and WITH a 1st team All Freshman player in the backcourt.

It's Drexel's year it seems.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

If Vcu makes and wins the championship then I don't see how they could leave Drexel out. A lot of attention has been given to Murray St. but Drexel and Vcu have had terrific years. Drexel would pound Murray St if they played.Ill St is giving ranked Creighton all they can handle in the MVC Championship. One bright spot for us on the year.

If it makes you feel better we generally root for you guys when you play in the coliseum. Most VCU fans feel a level of sympathy for you guys after what you been through. The Benny Moss years alone must have been just horrible for Seahawk fans. Combine that with the management of things and such must have made it hell for you guys. You never know what next season might bring. Lower teams become better and power teams drop off some. You know what can happen in the CAA.

Only thing might hurt Drexel as far as at large is the OOC schedule and some weird losses(once again OOC). I hardly consider ourselves safe right now either.

More teams in the dance means more money in UNCW's pocket...I will certainly be pulling for 2 teams to make the dance and for Drexel & VCU to both win a few games which means more money for the athletic budget!
    Bleed Teal and Gold!