Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default New Duke Club Member

So come May I have to depart this amazing place and obviously I will be joining the Duke Club. I talked to Taylor for a while today and have spoken to a few of you all at away games trying to discover all the ins and outs. I figured I would throw it out to the boards for any advice and tips you have discovered along the way. I appreciate all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by JMU_DUKESSS View Post
    So come May I have to depart this amazing place and obviously I will be joining the Duke Club. I talked to Taylor for a while today and have spoken to a few of you all at away games trying to discover all the ins and outs. I figured I would throw it out to the boards for any advice and tips you have discovered along the way. I appreciate all the help.
    PM me if your referral line has no name!

Default Re: New Duke Club Member

First advice, don't talk to Taylor ... he's dangerous . Or Cent. Especially Dunk. Maybe his daughter.

no tips, just join!

Quote Originally Posted by JMU DUUUKES LAW View Post
    First advice, don't talk to Taylor ... he's dangerous . Or Cent. Especially Dunk. Maybe his daughter.
    You! you! just... sputter, sputter, sputter, YOU! again with the daughter. Gack, she's still a kid. You? entering middle age by now, no?

Well, that and she'd whip yer ass. mean as a snake, seems to take after her mom. *shudder*
    2004 National Champions.

CAA4Life

Advice: Talk to all those associated with SDC to find out best ways to stay involved with maximum incentives and at cheaper costs. It seems that there are several advantages for recent graduates, take advantage of them. Don't let JMU lose your support simply because of financial challenges.

In your 20's, you'll likely have more time, less money. Our goal should be for this decade of people to show up in full force physically at events. Bring friends on road trips, etc. Connecting back with JMU Sports is simply a great way to stay connected to the university and its people after graduating.

In your 30's, all mortgage payments and diapers aside, assuming career advancement and promotions, you'll likely start to have more money and less time. Bring the family when you can, raise up your little Dukes right from Day 1.

Haven't made it to my 40s or beyond yet. I'll let other pass on those messages of wisdom.

Basically, time and money are both assets. If you can't give one, try to give the other. If you can give both, even better. I would also say that your 20's is prime time for networking and building a base as a Duke Club Rep. I wish I had done more on that over the past 10 years.

CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation as well!!
    "I just know they're our 12th man... I wouldn't trade them for anybody. I love our fans." - Rodney Landers

Take advantage of the Graduate Duke Club - they match what you donate for your first four years after graduation. (Club seats...heck yes). Also - enjoy every bit of the entertainment process. Let them court you through the process to show you what your $$ will be supporting. Never seen Plecker Center? Ask for a tour! Want to see the hospitality room for Basketball games? Ask if a courtesy ticket can be given to you. Ultimately they want you to feel taken care of and be comfortable donating.

Congrats on giving back.

Taylor is great to work with - so keep on that. Heck, most are great to work with!

Congrats - you are now a donor!

Welcome, welcome, welcome. Of course we want (and need) you in the Duke Club. We all understand that times are tough for new graduates, unless you are on of the lucky ones who have already landed a job. As said before, get your foot in the door by joining Graduate Duke Club. Many of the Priority Points we all talk about are accumulated by consecutive years of giving and involvement, not necessarily deep pockets and big check books. Your desire to help give back indicates that you truly bleed purple. I hope to someday meet you and officially welcome you in person. Oh, by the way, contribute a recipe for our cookbook.
    Duke Dog Pride is alive and kicking!

I remember when I first became a member (Thank you Dukie for the tickets to W&M semifinal in 2004!!!), and Dukie pointed out that JMU's system rewards consecutive years as a season ticket holder very high when compare to, for example, VT's system. Even if you travel, or have to take a year off, continue to give and buy tickets to reap the best long-term benefits of the priority points system. If you can't make it, donate tickets to those in need. You'll feel good and make someone's day while promoting support to JMU athletics.
    "I just know they're our 12th man... I wouldn't trade them for anybody. I love our fans." - Rodney Landers