JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ODU v Drexel

Default ODU v Drexel

Win and join the 20 win in the regular season club.

Win and get to 14-4 in the CAA, our mark last year.

In short, just win.
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Default Re: ODU v Drexel

It's incredible to think that even in this season where we all thought the team looked awful; we still finished in the top 4 and have a chance (riding on a home game) to go 14-4 with a 20 win season. Wow what a weird season.
    Bunk beds, what a great idea, there is soo much more room for activities!

We need to play hard and win, despite the game being meaningless as far as standings go. Let's not let the momentum from the 2 big road wins slip away before the tournament.

Exactly. Can't treat this like those NFL teams that rest on week 17 and not try and win, it cuts off their momentum.
    "The winner ain't the guy with the fastest car...its the guy who refuses to lose."

"Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up and eat that candy ass."

- Dale Earnhardt

Quote Originally Posted by EverRespect View Post
    We need to play hard ...
    Have we done anything other than that this year? This team epitomizes what Blaine said when he was hired about his expectation for his players, "Show up and try hard." I expect nothing less for Saturday.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\My Pictures\old-dominion.button.png

Quote Originally Posted by TheDancinMonarch View Post
    Have we done anything other than that this year? This team epitomizes what Blaine said when he was hired about his expectation for his players, "Show up and try hard." I expect nothing less for Saturday.
    I guess I should have said we need to coach hard. I don't want to throw the game by sticking to vanilla strategies because we are saving it for the CAA Tournament. I don't want to rest any players and I don't want Larsen and Pimentel getting significant minutes just because we can afford to. I truly believe we need to throw out all the stops for a win and keep the mojo going. I had no doubt that whoever is in the game will play their hardest to execute whatever gameplan we come up with. I just hope the best players are on the court and the gameplan to execute is a winning one.
    Last edited by EverRespect; 02-23-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EverRespect View Post
    I guess I should have said we need to coach hard. I don't want to throw the game by sticking to vanilla strategies because we are saving it for the CAA Tournament. I don't want to rest any players and I don't want Larsen and Pimentel getting significant minutes just because we can afford to. I truly believe we need to throw out all the stops for a win and keep the mojo going. I had no doubt that whoever is in the game will play their hardest to execute whatever gameplan we come up with. I just hope the best players are on the court and the gameplan to execute is a winning one.
    I actually don't think that Coach Taylor has been intentionally holding back anything for the tournament. I think that he honestly was (and still is) thrashing around this season for a winning combination given the limited pieces available to him.

But if I'm wrong on that, and Coach Taylor in fact has been holding off on some magic that he intends to pull out for the tournament, then I sure hope and trust that he will not decide to blow it on this last game. Our players are big boys. They will be up for the tournament regardless of whether their self-esteem gets the boost of a win over Drexel.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Saturday and a chance to watch the Monarchs go at it against a very strong squad.
    Fortunate to be an adopted Monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewFromSec102 View Post
    I actually don't think that Coach Taylor has been intentionally holding back anything for the tournament. I think that he honestly was (and still is) thrashing around this season for a winning combination given the limited pieces available to him.

But if I'm wrong on that, and Coach Taylor in fact has been holding off on some magic that he intends to pull out for the tournament, then I sure hope and trust that he will not decide to blow it on this last game. Our players are big boys. They will be up for the tournament regardless of whether their self-esteem gets the boost of a win over Drexel.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Saturday and a chance to watch the Monarchs go at it against a very strong squad.
    I agree, but some have been suggesting (in other threads) that we hold back on Saturday. I understand their thought process, but I disagree. I do agree with you that I don't believe Taylor has been holding back much to this point. He may have a wrinkle or two to bring out for short stretches, which is fine, but I don't believe he is holding back an entirely new secret gameplan.

Sucks that on Senior night, Trian will be watching from the bench.

Sure does...if he can walk at all it would be nice for BT to put him out for the tip and immediately call a time out to get him out and let monarch nation cheer for him one last time....just a thought.