DU
Elon
HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM
 
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
Results 461 to 470 of 470
  1. #461
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    Quote Originally Posted by fmrick View Post
    OK, I'm going to try to be civil here...

    So why can't we slam each other when we play, and gang up on ODU the rest of the time?
    Good God! It turns out that fmrick is really Rick Santorum in VCU disguise.
    Fortunate to be an adopted Monarch.

  2. #462

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    Quote Originally Posted by fmrick View Post
    So everyone needs to get over it. This is a public board. Open to anyone who has an opinion and does not violate the terms of service. So why can't we slam each other when we play, and gang up on ODU the rest of the time?
    I would support ODU wayyyyyyy before I supported VCU.

  3. #463
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Va Beach VA
    Posts
    17,441

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    Quote Originally Posted by fmrick View Post
    OK, I'm going to try to be civil here...

    Well, in the early days of this board (CAAZONE) the norm was for a little trash talk before and after a game. Most of us came here 9 years ago from the Rivals boards, and welcomed the chance to have all the CAA fans in one place. If was fun, a little testy at times, but never the obscene mess we see today. For the most part, the trash talk was tolerated, and when it was over it was over...until we played again. But somewhere in the past few years it started getting out of hand. No need to place blame, because every team's fans were responsible.

    Then a couple schools decided to start up their own sites to escape what has become unbearable for some fans. It is not so for me. I like a little back and forth. I'm a big boy (an old one actually) and think I can dish it out with the best of them. But you will notice that I don't use profanity. If I can't get you mad without profanity, I'd be upset with myself.

    If the truth was known, my bet is that most people posting the most vile stuff would not act that way in real life. If they did, they would not last long, because someone would clean their clock or fire them if they acted that way in the workplace. And most would not tolerate others around them- friends or family- from acting that way. Most would espouse personal responsibility, something that is so preached to us so much. How many conservatives here?

    So I don't know where this all went so wrong. But it did. So forgive me if I take a shot at some mistake you or one of your players made. Fair game. Same with you to me. I expect it and I can think I can take it. If I couldn't, I would not come here at all.

    And what kind of life would that be? No conflict, singing loving songs to each other, praising our teams as having played so hard that both teams should be considered winners. WE are both great! Sure, and then I'd feel like I'm on MonarchNation....

    So everyone needs to get over it. This is a public board. Open to anyone who has an opinion and does not violate the terms of service. So why can't we slam each other when we play, and gang up on ODU the rest of the time?
    This clown has ADMITTED to creating fake ODU screennames to come on the ODU boards and start talking smack about the team as an "ODU poster". He also admits he is in his 40's.

    Saddest thing I think I've ever heard.

  4. #464
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NO VA
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    This thread is a show lol.

  5. #465
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion
    Posts
    15,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTLPKG View Post
    The apology from Mr O'Conner was appropriate and accepted by most I think. Just like my apology after last years debacle.

    Thats the point of my whole gabbing with you guys… For some reason people just don't get it. Its basketball. Its the internet. Neither one are that serious. Both teams have idiot fans. Im an idiot sometimes. Im mostly freaking awesome. But thats just me talking. Its so easy to get y'all worked up over NOTHING. I have basically hi jacked this thread to talk about me…. GET IT YET? I WIN! And YOU allowed it to happen. Nothing you say will make me feel bad. Nothing you say will make me change what I do. Nothing you say bothers me. You throw stones through the internet. You are not that serious to me. Had a condo with Doc Nix tonight and he wanted to apologize for what people were saying about me. Because some VCU fans have recently said some things about him. We both agreed its just not that big of a deal. I want you to HATE me. I want to get under your coaches and players skin….. More importantly your skin.

    You can't wing this battle if you ignore me I get to continue to rock… If you don't then I piss you off and I get a double win.

    Honestly I hope we play again and honestly I hope we win by 43. Will that happen? Probably not. Will you win probably not. Could you win? Absolutly. But here is what I promise win lose or draw I will wake up the next day and God will be good to me and you. We will all live to fight another day.

    So please relax for your own sake. You are getting worked up for nothing I promise. Like I said before EVERY school has idiots. Which is why I SELDOM talk about things that happen to me at other arenas unless they are positive. Just like my experience at Mason this year. I said on RamNation that I had a great experience. I was surrounded by GMU fans and we talked basketball and were civil and all wanted to win really bad. At the end of the day we shook hands and walked away.

    If you can't get into that then your
    You know how you can tell Tool Package isn't upset and really feels he's winning?

    Because he tells you so in a 9 paragraph diatribe with all caps. Only people who really don't care do that.
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

  6. #466

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    You know what y'all are right. I'll admit it. From now on I will be sure and not to offend any of you. Can you make the same promise? Ha ha see ya this weekend as we are playing GSU on Sunday. Enjoy the rest of your week

  7. #467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NO VA
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    After sifting through this smushsmortion of a thread one thing has come to light. Thank God that Doc Nix and the Green Machine represent our school. I am very proud that they are a Mason band and portray to the world a positive image that reflects well on us.

    I find it comforting that Doc Nix would never bother joining a message board in the first place, let alone busy himself with long manifestos on other schools boards about how "awesome he and his band is". I take comfort in the fact knowing that he is far too busy traveling the world and writing music, and carrying on his studies in his field and in doing so representing Mason in a positive light. I find it comforting that he enjoys letting the world and public make their own good opinion toward us because of the way he carries himself and the way he leads the band. He doesnt need to write these things out on a message board for attention. He doesnt need to issue apologies for dumb things he did or take his shirt off or throw things or be an attention whore as a grown man because he understands its about the band and not him. He doesnt need to talk trash about a basketball game, because at the end of the day it is just that...a game. Life will go on.

    I also find it comforting that this issue of the band leading a student section in a profanity laced song wouldnt happen here, well because it would have never made it to their music stands. It doesnt take much of a brain to figure out what would happen next. I appreciate all the members of the GM and all the effort that they put in to make the band what it is.

    To each his own, but I am glad to have who we have leading the way.

    I salute you Doc Nix and you the Green Machine. I love you and keep rocking out the way only you guys do.
    Last edited by patriotfan49; 02-28-2012 at 08:39 PM.

  8. #468
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    2,670

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    I think this thread is ready for the lock at this point.

  9. #469
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    3,759

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    Quote Originally Posted by scythe View Post
    i think this thread is ready for the lock at this point.
    noooooooooo!!!!!!!!
    2011 NCAA 2nd Rd, 2009 NIT, 2008 NCAA, 2006 NCAA FINAL 4, 2004 NIT Sweet 16, 2002 NIT, 2001 NCAA, 1999 NCAA

  10. #470

    Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

    Quote Originally Posted by MasonCAA View Post
    banned for what? banned like you were from the Convo Center that day? I noticed you don't deny getting booted......
    Because we all know JMU security is level headed right? We all know how strict JMU security is on opposing fans. If you so much as jump up there after a score you could be kicked out(It happened a few years ago). Given we didn't play there this year but unless something seriously changed with the security its not exactly hard to be kicked out of the Convo if you wear a color other than purple.
    ---
    For note I was at the game FMrick was kicked. The guy hit him right in the arm which was in a sling. The guy continued to try to start something(could have very well had too much to drink) so Fmrick called for security. Security kicked him out for basically bugging them. So much for security doing its job huh lol?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Latest CAAZone.com News


From our Sponsors: