JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Default Re: Game #31 - AT VCU - Saturday, Feb 25th - 6 PM - ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by Natty View Post
    I filmed the game, so had the schedule in my hand. They came out at about 4:50, when their entrance was at 4.
    If that's the case, then our guys are at fault. That's the info I was looking for. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by expendable smurf View Post
    If that's the case, then our guys are at fault. That's the info I was looking for. Thanks.
    wait, so you mean that this wasn't some big act put on by Shaka in order to motivate his players?

Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

Quote Originally Posted by fmrick View Post
    Hugh, that "homo" band director is a Richmond City firefighter when he is not at VCU games. And if you had seen some of the women I've seen him with, you might be consider following his act.

As for the F*** You chants and songs, I have been in front of trying to get the junk to stop. I implored our students not to stoop to that level. They have responded. I did not hear a single cheer or chant last night that was even close to what was heard at ODU or GMU. Sure, you are always going to have an individual or small group that is going to cross the line, but to have 500 or more students chanting F### You VCU or F### Shaka is kind of across the line.

So we have stepped up and tried to control this behavior. So I challenge you...can you do the same at GMU?
    It's pretty small minded of you to think the gays can't be firefighters. I'm sure he's a top-notch firefighter and an expert on flaming.

I don't doubt the chicks flock to him either. How wonderful for them to have a non-threatening male presence to go shoe shopping, dish on boyfriend troubles, or discuss celebrity gossip.
    Last edited by Hugh Akston; 02-26-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.

Quote Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
    wait, so you mean that this wasn't some big act put on by Shaka in order to motivate his players?
    No idea. Ask Rick, he's the arbiter of class and good grace.

If this makes any difference, as I watched the game from home, ESPN had on their ticker that the tip time was slated for 6:05 PM. ESPN didn't go to the arena until a minute or two before that, and the player intros were still going on (the arena was "dark").

Yeah. What does he know? Patriots will win out and Brian Mull can go back under his rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Akston View Post
    It's pretty small minded of you to think the gays can't be firefighters. I'm sure he's a top-notch firefighter, he certainly knows quite a bit about flaming.

I don't doubt the chicks flock to him either. How wonderful for them to have a non-threatening male presence to go shoe shopping, dish on boyfriend troubles, or discuss celebrity gossip.
    I would just like to point out that Hugh's idiocy and childishness in no way represents the vast majority of GMU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
    Do you do anything other than troll now-a-days?
    Last edited by bravesfan; 02-26-2012 at 01:53 PM.

I for one will be glad when our #45 is done wearing a Mason uni. The kids is lucky to even have a senior season and not only has he not produced for this team IMHO he has become a distraction for the rest of the guys with his terrible body language and obvious pouting. How many times can one player foul a guy 50 ft from the basket and then throw his hands up in disgust when the whole gym knows he fouled the guy? Im moving on to the Holloway kid who not only can obviously ball but from all accounts is a great kid and teammate.
    Section 101 Row F.....Mason Basketball Season Ticket Holder Since 1985

Small Town America, clingin' to my guns & religion

Quote Originally Posted by ACW View Post
    I would just like to point out that Hugh's idiocy and childishness in no way represents the vast majority of GMU fans.
    and then ask for directions to the Richmond volunteer fire department
    I have a son. He looks like Brian Terry.