NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VCU Game

VCUGoRamsGo Guest

Default Re: VCU Game

i'll say this much....the last few years of the top CAA teams counting UNCW as an automatic victory are about over.

rendelman has been impressive all season, and he was a man amongst boys last night. reddic and haley could learn a thing or two from his inside play and tenacity.

zero doubt in my mind that rendleman is preseason conference POY going into next year. i know you guys have been waiting quite a while for this rebuild to be over, and next year it will be.

tough loss for you guys last night. you already know this, but better days are ahead.

I had hoped that we would finish .500 this year and in the top half of the league. However, what I really wanted to see was considerable improvement from the start of the season thru the end. IMO, I haven't seen nearly enough consistent improvement across the board. The same mistakes both mental and physical are still being made. They say, "the best thing about Freshman is that they become Sophomores". Hopefully, with the additions and a summer of work the team can finish in the top half next year.

I honestly thought we would atleast finish .500 in the conference. So far not happy, but the season isnt over. Call me crazy, but being on the right side of the bracket we could make some noise in the tournament. If only Trask wouldve been rocking like that all year. The students turned out and actually made noise.

After we lost Ponder, I knew that this team was going to have a hard time. You just don't win CAA games without a true PG. They have gotten better over time, but it's been by committee. The frontline is definitely a strength going forward, but they still will need to be able to roll bigs effectively. Going forward this team will go as far as guard play. Adam will be more effective in a drive and kick or inside out next year. KK is a player to watch IMO. He has the ability to be a very effective player if he decides/gets the chance to drive the ball. The next step for him will be for him to be able to drive it and find people to go with his scoring off drives/prudent 3 balls. Somebody will have to take that role without Ponder. If they can limit TO's, defend, and score a little better, they can compete in the next 2 outings.
    A decade of excellence...
    1998 NIT
    2000 NCAA
    2001 NIT
    2002 NCAA & Baseball 2003 NCAA
    2003 NCAA & Baseball 2004 NCAA
    2006 NCAA & Baseball 2006 NCAA
    2008 NCAA Baseball

We should have never been in the position of having 1 true PG with all of the scholarships available to use. We will have only 1 true PG next year too. We played 3 of the top 4 teams really close at home but Richmond is a dump. The freshmen have never shot in the Richmond so I hope we are all business.No more skipping shootarounds. Lets win 3 games to redeem ourselves on Sportscenter. It can happen. Take the ball out of Milson and Morales hands in critical situations,get out in transition and pressure the ball.Buzz saying that he might start Cam is 30 games too late. That should have been done earler in the year to send a message about defense and set the tone for the season.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

This year is the mantra for UNCW basketball and next year it all boils down to PG,defense and defense.

Looked to me like Ponder is out of his boot. Good sign.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Quote Originally Posted by sheik34 View Post
    I honestly thought we would atleast finish .500 in the conference. So far not happy, but the season isnt over. Call me crazy, but being on the right side of the bracket we could make some noise in the tournament. If only Trask wouldve been rocking like that all year. The students turned out and actually made noise.
    agreed....that was the loudest they have been in a long time...and for a 9 win team that was a pretty solid student turnout and atmosphere this past wednesday.
    Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

I don't think that putting all your eggs in Ponder's basket is the way to go and I know that they need another point guard and not a guy that they think can play some point.I said before the season started that Jackson was not a point but he was recruited as a point?My question is who the hell thought he was going to play point in the CAA as a freshman?Maybe as a jr/sr he might get away with playing a hybrid point but there is no way he can go point in conference play.I also question the conditioning of this team or the lack of it and I don't mean that they are young and skinny but that they simply can't play hard for an entire game and look tired very quickly.The few practices that I went to had zero conditioning drills or fundamental drills for that matter and these guys don't know how to play yet.Lots of questions with this team but they do have some talent to work with is the good news.