HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Default Temple to Big East?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/sp...ll-sports.html

I'm not saying Temple's move in itself would get us into a Northern-based conference, but it could be the first domino to fall. I could see UMass following them to the BE shortly, which could be a big hit to the A-10.

Everything is so football based, apparently there is even some crazy talk about a 24 team MWC/CUSA mega conference. I could definitely see the ODU/JMU/Ga State group trying to get into that conference, which could break the CAA as we know it.

Default Re: Temple to Big East?

Makes a lot of sense for Temple...not so much for the other schools at this point...Temple has upgraded its football program over the past several years and was a member of the Big East, not so sure that UMASS is seen at that level

UMass has already committed to conference USA for football. Yaeger wants CAA football to go Div1 so dont count on anyone leaving except possibly Ga State.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

UMass is joing the MAC as a football only member and will play all home games for the next several years at Gillette Stadium (nearly 2hrs from campus). It remains to be seen whether this move will work out. I have serious doubts as I just don't see the needed revenues for D1 being generated not large numbers coming out to see the likes of Ohio U, Eastern Michigan, Bowling Green, and Akron so far from campus.

Sorry my bad I meant MAC not USA. UMass has a good enough program to get into a bowl game, Add that to the fact they will be on TV more often and the money will follow. Yaeger wanted UMass to stay and possibly join the CAA for all sports. They are in the CAA for mens lacrosse and with their great softball program, they could team with Hofstra, Ga State amd JMu to get the CAA into the top 6 in the country.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!