HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb Don't kill me...But....Next season...

Since some people have already started talking about next season, even though, we still have a week's left of games left, I thought it would be alright to ask people for some opinions.

In my eyes, next season has the potential to be on the 05/06 level with multiple teams doing very well OOC and then beating each other up in Conference to make next year ver competitive, again. The only team that I can forsee falling off is ODU because of who they lose. I can see our conference, as a whole, being extremely competitive next year with all of the transfer's that will be eligible to play and with all of the new classes that we have coming in.

The normal cellar dweller's very well could be in the thick of things come this time next year. It will be weird to see but it would be awesome for the CAA to see, from 1st to last place being competitive.

Thought....Discussion....Go!!

BTW, please let this thread be a thread about CAA basketball and not turn into a pi$$ fest!

Default Re: Don't kill me...But....Next season...

Drexel
    VCU
    Mason
    ....?
    Everyone else.

Not sure where I see ODU. Maybe 5th.

Hofstra has a lot of talent coming in next year. How they can gel will determine how far they go.

Quote Originally Posted by gmubball09 View Post
    In my eyes, next season has the potential to be on the 05/06 level with multiple teams doing very well OOC and then beating each other up in Conference to make next year ver competitive, again.
    I'm definitely excited about VCU's chances next year. Our OOC schedule is definitely built for to give us multiple chances at building a solid resume.

Off the top of my head, here's what it currently looks like:

Battle for Atlantis:
    -Duke
    -Minnesota
    -Louisville
    -Northern Iowa
    -Stanford
    -Missouri
    -Memphis

Wichita State
    Alabama
    @Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
    I'm definitely excited about VCU's chances next year. Our OOC schedule is definitely built for to give us multiple chances at building a solid resume.

Off the top of my head, here's what it currently looks like:

Battle for Atlantis:
    -Duke
    -Minnesota
    -Louisville
    -Northern Iowa
    -Stanford
    -Missouri
    -Memphis

Wichita State
    Alabama
    @Richmond
    Don't forget WKY @ home.
    VCU...Where Amazing Happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWmSIHSRUb0

I love the ODU falling off the face of the earth scenario that gets used year after year. Look at who VCU lost this year...

ODU will be about the same
    GMU will get hurt losing seniors
    VCU will be pretty good

Towson, W&M, & UNCW will still be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman Monarch View Post
    UNCW will still be terrible.
    Based on what? The only place to go is up. Rendleman will be a senior, we lose nobody, and I'd hazard a guess that our 8 freshmen will grow up a bit as sophomores.

Yeah, I really don't see how NU isn't a top 4 team next year. We return everyone minus Kashief edwards. Lee probably splits time at the point w/ incoming frosh David Walker. I'll say this about walker, I think he's going to have as big of an impact as Ford and spencer did this season. He could very easily start right away and put smith on the bench, which would give us incredible guard depth.

We're a little soft inside(outside of spencer) and I think the staff definitely could use another big to eat Edwards minutes(roughly 10 min a game).

Don't see how ODU doesn't fall off big time. Mason should be.. interesting minus pearson. UD should be in the conversation as well for top 4. Way too talented.

Odu will finish out of the top 4 and vcu will finish top 3.

Those are the only things I know for certain.

Yes, it pains me to say that. Fortunately, I think odu WILL be better and back in the top 4 the year after that. But no doubt, next year will be tough for odu fans.

Towson should be able to get out of the basement...they have a good coach there now and some transfers that will be eligible.