NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: James Madison - The Chance to Defend the DAC

Quote Originally Posted by DrexPhanatic View Post
    Fire Bruiser!!!!
    Beating teams with vastly superior players doesn't make a good coach. Bruiser is an elite recruiter and assembled a great team, but don't confuse recruiting with coaching. I'm impressed by the quality of players he can get to play at the DAC.

Drain!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

Was there ever any doubt that Chris was going to take and nail a three to end the first half? Going forward we need McCoy to stop overplaying and leaving the back door cut open. All in all, after a very good start by JMU, it was nice to see the guys methodically turn the game around. Congrats to Samme for grabbing his 8 boards (although I only counted 7, must have missed 1) and hitting 1000/1000 at home, he's been a complete joy to watch these past four years, hopefully make a nice postseason run to make his career last another couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bmf25 View Post
    Beating teams with vastly superior players doesn't make a good coach. Bruiser is an elite recruiter and assembled a great team, but don't confuse recruiting with coaching. I'm impressed by the quality of players he can get to play at the DAC.
    In year's past that is true but not this year. We have backdoor cuts now! we have not been letting down against anyone! This IS coaching. If you think he hasnt done a great job coaching this team THIS year, then we cant do anything for you except maybe send you to therapy.

CAA Regular Season Champs!

Couldn't watch the game, but happy to see the CAA regular season championship in our hands. Really happy for the team and Drexel family.

Beating inferior teams may easy, but it's just not. The most talented teams don't always win. Everyone has bought in though, especially Chris. Good for them.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. Don't you know that Bru just rolls the balls out at practice every day then heads to his office to relax. Samme runs all the practices with some help from Frantz.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

The bad news... JMU shot 59% from 3.
    The good news... JMU shot 59% from 3 and got blown out.

I hope the selection committee has been watching our games. That was a dismantling from the middle of the 1st on. Yes JMU is terrible, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by bmf25 View Post
    With a quote like this, you belong over on the 3 Drexel players on the First Team All CAA thread.
    Drexel Men's Basketball History since 1990:
    http://dragonshistory.weebly.com

Its a great time to be a Drexel fan. The atmosphere in the DAC tonight was great. Not quite GMU or VCU level, but the huge student turnout and the outpoiuring of support for Samme was tremendous. A couple times after Samme rebounds I looked over at the Givens family and they were holding up fingers (4 more till 1000, 3 more...) it made it easy to follow how many he had. The last 2 came on the same play where he got an o-board passed to Frantz (I think) then tipped in the miss. And of course the team diving into the DAC pack after the game just shows an amazing two-way appreciation between the students and the team. Priceless. What a night. Enjoy it, and hope in only gets better in the next two weeks.

Just re-watched the game since I originally watched it at a bar. Loved how the main announcer kept calling it the D-A-C, and not just the DAC. We had so many shots go in-and-out early on, while they couldn't miss. To still blow out a team when they shoot like that, is pretty great... no matter how good or bad the opponent is.
    D-D-D-D, R-R-R-R, E-E-E-E, X-EL, X-EL, DREX-EL, DREX-EL, FIGHT, TEAM, FIGHT!

Please put bmf on your ignore list and don't bother responding to him.