NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    BACK in Center City... Thats how we roll on Mole

Default James Madison - The Chance to Defend the DAC

12-0

That's the record at the DAC this year. The last home loss that Drexel has had was Wednesday, February 9th, against James Madison University. The same James Madison University that we're about to host, with four starters not practicing, causing their coach to practice and yes, limping into the finish line. You can easily overlook this game, and see at ODU on Saturday, or a trip to the CAA tourney a week away.

The things is, this Wednesday Night is bigger than James Madison. This game allows us to go into the offseason and when another Big5 team refuses to schedule us, we can call them the out for it. We can go to our friends and families that are from that school and say "we went undefeated at home last year, I wouldn't want to play us there either... You know you'll will lose." No one can laugh at you when you say that when you're team hasn't lost a home game in a year. This game is also about that student reporter from VCU who goes around to each coach on Media Day next year and asks "where is the toughest place to play?" He or she will be upset when the answer isn't the Siegel Center, but instead The DAC. And most of all, it's for this year's Seniors, both Samme and in the DAC Pack alike, that can go ahead and say they did everything they could their senior year, that they made the most of it.

So lets do right by Samme and the Seniors on Wednesday. DAC Pack, after the last couple of games you need to go that extra mile and earn back that trust, fill this joint up. It's the last home game, the memory that will be in our heads when we first show up to the DAC next year. If Samme (and his family) have shown me anything the last few years, it's their passion for the game and for this school. It's that working hard and intelligence can beat out raw talent six days a week and twice on sunday. Above all else, I've seen that being a leader on and off the court is so much more about what you do when you don't have the ball and no one is watching you, then it is about when the spotlight is on you.

On Wednesday we get to honor Samme, and all that he has meant when he's been wearing the blue and gold. I'm excited about that. Hell, I'm even sober and skipping a Mardi Gras parade just to write this, since so many people have asked me on and offline about Senior Night and this game. I'm, clearly not the only one excited about this.

The whole country watched that Cleveland State game and the Dragons showed up. That's not what this game is.

This game is the seal that you set so that the guard can get to the hoop, it's the boxout before the shot has even been taken, and it's the offseason work that made you a 19% better free throw shooter while no one was watching. Just because it's not on ESPN doesn't make it less important. Actually, someone just taught all of us that the measure of this team will be how they do when ESPN isn't there. Because if this team plays smart, consistent, and does the little things, not only will they blow out JMU, but they'll make us all proud they are wearing the blue and gold while they do it.
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!
    Follow the blog on twitter @DragonsSpeak

Default Re: James Madison - The Chance to Defend the DAC

Quote Originally Posted by MetSox View Post
    Just because it's not on ESPN doesn't make it less important. Actually, someone just taught all of us that the measure of this team will be how they do when ESPN isn't there. Because if this team plays smart, consistent, and does the little things, not only will they blow out JMU, but they'll make us all proud they are wearing the blue and gold while they do it.
    The game is on ESPNU according to drexeldragons.com
    Phila. Titles: Phillies 1980, 2008; Athletics 1910,1911,1913,1929,1930; Eagles 1948,1949,1960; Flyers 1974,1975; Sixers 1967,1983; Warriors 1956

BACK in Center City... Thats how we roll on Mole

I guess i should look at these things before writing
    Follow the Dragons all season long, http://dragonsspeak.blogspot.com Thanks for the support!
    Follow the blog on twitter @DragonsSpeak

I don't know why you wouldn't expect this epic matchup to be on national TV.
    2009 CAA Women's Basketball Champs
    24-9

Geeze Metsox,

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by MetSox View Post
    I guess i should look at these things before writing
    I realize I am nitpicking but wanted the 4 of us who have ESPNU to be on DVR alert. You write better than the locals though.
    Phila. Titles: Phillies 1980, 2008; Athletics 1910,1911,1913,1929,1930; Eagles 1948,1949,1960; Flyers 1974,1975; Sixers 1967,1983; Warriors 1956

Quote Originally Posted by DBALL View Post
    I realize I am nitpicking but wanted the 4 of us who have ESPNU to be on DVR alert. You write better than the locals though.
    Hey, now I have the "U," just won't be able to watch on Wednesday...
    I dream for the day when a chicken can cross the road and not be questioned about its motives for doing so.

I'm going to flip if this game isn't on drexeldragons.com. Sigh. Is there any way for those of us without ESPNU who live far out of the region to watch it?

I know the game this weekend wasn't on drexeldragons.com since it was on ESPNU.

As one of those seniors of the DAC Pack, I am super pumped for this game. I have no idea where the job market will take me so no idea when my next game at the DAC will be after wednesday.

As far as the game goes, this needs to be a beat down. One game at a time. This is no game on saturday, at least not until after wednesday. Samme deserves every bit of an amazing crowd that we can possibly bring. He has done nothing but work his tail off and be a complete joy to watch over that past 4 years. He is 8 boards from reaching the 1000 points and 1000 rebound group, which has all of 2 drexel players in it (mike anderson, malik rose). If that stat is incorrect someone feel free to correct me. If we as students and alumni can't support that, then there is not much to get excited about for drexel hoops. As MetSox stated in the OP, his family are as big of supporters of this program as we are. They deserve a thrashing as a way to go out as well. Although I suspect mrs. givens will be back in the future to stay around the program, even if not every game.

In addition, this win will just about secure the top seed heading into richmond. I say this because anyone who thinks mason will win at vcu is likely crazy, especially with how their last matchup ended.

Oh, and finishing with an undefeated home record? That would just be icing on the cake. Team cannot take them lightly and needs to put their foots on the gas and put them away early.

Since the game is on the U, I contacted the alumni office about setting up a watch party out here in Chicago for the game. They forwarded my message out to the 700 alums they have on their list from this area.

Props to Anthony for leading the DAC Pack to a 2nd great season (and for singing a great national anthem before many of the games).
    D-D-D-D, R-R-R-R, E-E-E-E, X-EL, X-EL, DREX-EL, DREX-EL, FIGHT, TEAM, FIGHT!

Please put bmf on your ignore list and don't bother responding to him.