JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Buzz Please Read and Invite Pop in for a Game

Attention Members of this Hallowed Thread,

You should all read this piece. Incredibly well written, and interesting. Michael Jordan will always be a pompous ahole in my eyes, and even though this guy sounds like a washed up government moocher now, I think it would be more than appropriate to try and integrate him into our basketball program, if that means someone gets him season tickets or recognizes him one game or something. Shut up. (this is my response to whatever any of the cynics might have to say)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...40/1/index.htm
    Last edited by billthebighawkfan; 02-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.

Default Re: Buzz Please Read and Invite Pop in for a Game

I read the piece and I have known Mike for years and your opinion of him is shared by all most anyone who has ever known him and I agree 100%.I also know Pop and he has a very serious mental illness that killed other members and his family.He is basically unable to function in the real world as we know it.The writer did his homework and is spot on with the facts in the story,the best thing Mike can do for Wilmington is to continue to live somewhere else and not visit.

Fascinating article. Very sad situation about his high school coach. MJ complained about Buzz being named player of the year in his Hall of Fame induction? Really?Get over it dude...

...your Bobcats are 3-26.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

Jordan wrote this year off with his two to three year plan. The plan was to get his guards first. He says Walker is the first player that looks like he did back in the day. The next step is to clear out old contracts and free up money to go after the bigs. But the proof will be in the pudding. I was not impressed with his front office work with the Wizards.
    SHUT UP AND PLAY!!!!

A.K.A. 33Talons

Great players usually don't make good front office guys. He should coach.
    We go from young to old so we better go from losing to winning.

He should play golf and gamble and stay out of basketball and most of all he should stay out of Wilmington.

Haha. Jordan is doing it the right way with the bobcats in my opinion. We aren't a big market team and will never be able to kill it on the free agency market. We've had some blown draft picks. The Carolina route was a bad way to go and Adam Morrison may have been the biggest flop in years. I'm not 100% sold on Walker but the NBA is tough on rookies.

I think Jordan must have "big leagued" Mullet at the Y back in the day. Must not have signed the Air Jordans he was wearing.

I am older than Mike but I did play some against his brother Larry here after I got out of school-he was not a good player but very athletic of course and about 5-9.Mike is just a bad guy and a terrible basketball GM.Charlotte will never compete as long as he has any input into the roster.Read the article in SI and that is Jordan in a nutshell.I never played with or against him but of cousre he handed everybody a beating-just ask Steve Kerr.

Quote Originally Posted by getmhawks06 View Post
    Haha. Jordan is doing it the right way with the bobcats in my opinion.
    He traded a top 20 player in Gerald Wallace for J. Prysbilla and the #17 pick in one of the weakest drafts ever, and one of the best centers in the game in Tyson Chandler for 35 year old Eric Dampier and Matt Carroll. He had somehow ended up with fairly good pieces he pissed away for nothing. If you aren't going to get anymore than some garbage like that he should have just paid those guys the lenght of their contract and had a decent/relavent teams fans could get behind. Much more of this and he will have to come out of retirement just to sell tickets and the sad think is he's probably still the best player in that organization at 50 years old.

I like that they are not trying to identify some short term fix with a an overpaid veteran that has a 1 year contract. Small market teams require organic growth. I'll admit that I'm more of a passive investor in the NBA and Bobcats so I want pretend that I can challenge your arguments. Ticket sales are surprisingly up this year, however.