HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012-2013 Schedule Thread

If Anthony Grant can get Alabama v. VCU, we should get The U, or maybe Ga. Tech? Can't we pull some strings here with our ACC connections?
    Heeeeeeeeeerrree's Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by G M U View Post
    If Anthony Grant can get Alabama v. VCU, we should get The U, or maybe Ga. Tech? Can't we pull some strings here with our ACC connections?
    That was in the contract for VCU. Same reason they played Capel's Oklahoma team (and beat them). Im sure it is in Smart's contract that where ever he goes, his new team owes VCU and home and home. Mason never had that with Coach L and I'm sure Ga Tech didn't have them when they released Hewitt.
    Twitter updates: @BillRohland

Quote Originally Posted by Five Two View Post
    Like everything, this will be another interesting comparison between this staff and the previous one on what they do with the schedule. I had totally forgotten about the Gov Cup.

I always request home-and-homes with Penn and American. I want to see the Palestra and would make the trip if we ever play there. And a road game at American would be an easy trip for fans to attend (yes, I realize DC traffic is bad but its a lot closer than FAU or Radford)
    Penn played 2 CAA teams at the Palestra this season: JMU & UD. It's too bad that Drexel doesn't schedule any home games at the Palestra, which is very short walk for the Drexel players. BTW, former NBA player Toni Kukoc's son Marin plays for Penn.

Well, one date has been announced. Friday, Nov 9th (home opener) against UVA.

Quote Originally Posted by Washingtonian View Post
    Well, one date has been announced. Friday, Nov 9th (home opener) against UVA.
    Saw that too. Not a fan of having that game as the opener. Typically, we'll draw well the first game anway. But I guess I can't complain too much seeing that we have an ACC team coming to Fairfax.

i am going to this http://www.paradisejam.com/ anyone else going?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ACv18ntmVA hopefully this is mason next

Quote Originally Posted by TMASN-R View Post
    Would be nice to pull a local team as well. The GW vs Mason has potential if GW turn things around in the coming years. It would be awesome if we had something like the DMV 6 (GMU, GW, GTown, UMD, AU, HU).
    It's been a pipe dream for many of the fans in the area to have more local schools play more local schools. Maybe hopefully we can schedule UMD more often now that Gary Williams is gone. I've been wanting Terp blood ever since the '01 NCAA Tourney Game!
    -"In the case of our current economic situation, half of 'myself' thinks that I had a near collapse because I had too much government supervision and the other half of myself thinks that I fell apart because of too little, and I am as if torn in half between these two mutually exclusive and contradictory belief systems. We have a divided mind, a 'schizo'-'phrenia.'"-

Quote Originally Posted by MasonNation9000 View Post
    i am going to this http://www.paradisejam.com/ anyone else going?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ACv18ntmVA hopefully this is mason next
    I'll be there. My diet starts now.

From the Basketball Travelers website:

"George Mason is looking for two guarantee games in Fairfax, VA. Available dates: November 24th and December 5th & 29th."

Is the bracketbuster game home or away next year?