NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2012-2013 Schedule Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dr. gunnie View Post
    From the Basketball Travelers website:

"George Mason is looking for two guarantee games in Fairfax, VA. Available dates: November 24th and December 5th & 29th."
    ugh
    11/24 is the Saturday after Thanksgiving
    12/5 (a Wed) is my daughter's birthday
    12/29 is the Saturday between Christmas and New Years.

Lets hope we can fill the 12/5 date since students will be on campus. Molly will have to celebrate at the Patriot Center.

Those other two, yikes. Two probable crap teams during holiday break = empty arena. Hopefully there is some kind of Groupon/Living Social deal to help fill it up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The old PF View Post
    Is the bracketbuster game home or away next year?
    Our bracketbuster match up would send us on the road at this point.
    Twitter updates: @BillRohland

Quote Originally Posted by gobo View Post
    Our bracketbuster match up would send us on the road at this point.
    Other than CofC, we've done better w/ the road matchups anyway.

Lamar will do nothing for the RPI whenever that return game is.

Lamar will do nothing for the RPI whenever that return game is.
    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this gives us a big lift. If he's still around in two years, I'm sure Pat Knight will get some good BCS games for Lamar, thus helping us when we beat them with a senior-laden team.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonNation9000 View Post
    i am going to this http://www.paradisejam.com/ anyone else going?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ACv18ntmVA hopefully this is mason next
    We are planning on going.

Quote Originally Posted by MasonNation9000 View Post
    i am going to this http://www.paradisejam.com/ anyone else going?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ACv18ntmVA hopefully this is mason next
    Looking at that field. Iona's leading scorer and 3rd leading scorer are seniors. I plead ignorance to what is behind them, but that may not be a huge RPI boost. UConn, even on APR probation, will be good. UNM is good most years, the field that VCU has at the Atlantis tourney is a lot better.

I wish I had the time and money to go.

Looking at that field. Iona's leading scorer and 3rd leading scorer are seniors. I plead ignorance to what is behind them, but that may not be a huge RPI boost. UConn, even on APR probation, will be good. UNM is good most years, the field that VCU has at the Atlantis tourney is a lot better.

I wish I had the time and money to go.
    Subbing a Mercer (RPI 133) and even a bad Wake Forest team (RPI 182) for FAU and FIU is an improvement.

Playing (and beating) UCONN would be the ultimate down there, but even playing Quinnipiac would be a step up from Brown/Monmouth that we played in the preseason NIT this year. Just hope we don't have Ill-Chicago to foul up the RPI!

we got decent attendance for the home games right around Christmas this year. 12/29 wouldn't be bad.

Quote Originally Posted by gobo View Post
    Subbing a Mercer (RPI 133) and even a bad Wake Forest team (RPI 182) for FAU and FIU is an improvement.

Playing (and beating) UCONN would be the ultimate down there, but even playing Quinnipiac would be a step up from Brown/Monmouth that we played in the preseason NIT this year. Just hope we don't have Ill-Chicago to foul up the RPI!
    What do those schools bring back? Iona has a great RPI from the tourney they participated in this year. Those teams should be better than the charmin soft OOC slate Coach L left us. UVA and UNI should at least be solid RPI games. I'm leery of a field packed full of teams that Mason could get a home and home series with anyway.

What do those schools bring back? Iona has a great RPI from the tourney they participated in this year. Those teams should be better than the charmin soft OOC slate Coach L left us. UVA and UNI should at least be solid RPI games. I'm leery of a field packed full of teams that Mason could get a home and home series with anyway.
    Fair points, but just about every tournament like this the Patriots would play in would have 3-4-5 teams you could reasonably get "home and home" deals with. It's the other 2-3 (UCONN, Wake Forest) that make them appealing. Our best case is to win the thing going through UConn, Wake, New Mexico and then any of the other schools. If we win it and somehow play UIC, Mercer, Quinnipiac and Iona....not so good. (I dont think this is the way it will break down).

Im not sure we could get home and home's with UCONN, Wake and New Mexico. The others...probably.