JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Vaughn "The Future" Gray

this kid is an immense talent, and he's showing some flashes of potential superstardom at GMU. At his current rate (can't believe I'm saying this) I can see him to starting to take some of Sherrod Wright's minutes away very soon. IMHO (from conducting the eye test) this kid is an ACC-level type talent. He's got some sort of swagger in him that I haven't seen from a wing player here since...Erik Herring. I know it's early, I know he's only a freshman, but so many of us are so high on Erik Copes' upside, that I think we are cautiously watching the second coming of Erik Herring in front of our eyes.

The more I think about it it; I can see Gray, Copes, and Edwards becoming the trio that Erik Herring, George Evans, and Tremaine Price were in the early part of our success as a program.

The "Future" is so bright, I need sunglasses watching Vaughn Gray.
    Last edited by P8triotfan4life; 01-19-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Default Re: Vaughn "The Future" Gray

It's "...i gotta wear shades"

I started a thread a while back asking "who the next face of GMU basketball will be for 2012-2013" now with KRAM (Pearson specifically) leaving. Who will be on the Metro buses and cover of GMU programs etc... Maybe not next year, but come 2013-2014 Vaughn Gray looks to be it. I'm with you this kid is the future.
    Heeeeeeeeeerrree's Johnny

The interesting thing with Gray for me was last year in HS he had a lot of games where he only scored single digits - it had me worried. I don't see how that staff could have botched his talent like they did. He's obviously going to be a very good player for Mason. It's also interesting how his recruitment went down. The rumor was the old staff liked him, but wasn't sold on him until he made his first visit to campus and played pick-up with our guys. I guess they were very impressed and our staff then put on the full court press. Like I said, that was the rumor - P8 might know more about it.

I can see the shirt now - Instead of the "Back to the Future" logo it say "Gray is the Future"

Now they just need to rent a Delorean, slap a red vest on Gray and do some publicity photos.
    Last edited by dr. gunnie; 01-19-2012 at 10:01 AM.

the thing about Vaughn Gray is that he was almost like Luke Hancock-a "phantom" recruit who slid completely under the radar for whatever reason. He had no youtube clips-nothing for us to get excited about. We had nothing on this kid other than the trust from our former coaching staff that one day he could blossom, and he's doing it in front of our eyes. It seems as though our fomer staff hit a grand slam signing this kid. He has also transformed his body since the exhibition game and also has the 'it' factor. whatever 'it' is; VG has 'it'.
    Last edited by P8triotfan4life; 01-19-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P8triotfan4life View Post
    this kid is an immense talent, and he's showing some flashes of potential superstardom at GMU. At his current rate (can't believe I'm saying this) I can see him to starting to take some of Sherrod Wright's minutes away very soon.
    I see both Sherrod Wright and Vaughn Gray becoming stars for the Patriots. In the future, I see Sherrod and Vaughn starting together at the "2" and the "3", respectively.

He has got one heck of a sweet stroke from 3. Even his misses are pretty.

I know Vaughn Grays 19 against JMU isn't any sort of record, but does anybody know the single-game freshmen scoring record for Mason? Just for perspective
    Heeeeeeeeeerrree's Johnny

The rough draft:

Last edited by dr. gunnie; 01-19-2012 at 10:38 AM.

LOL, love it Gunnie!