NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Iona.

Default Re: Iona.

Quote Originally Posted by CTBobS View Post
    No chance for an at-large. They will have the NIT automatic bid.

Was at the game today. Shorthanded FU went on a 16-1 run in the 2nd half to win. The great Tim Cluess outcoached by Sydney Johnson.
    Congrats, Bob, and good luck to your Stags tonight. I thought last year was gonna be your year. Maybe it was just delayed 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by stuball888 View Post
    Actually he might be right. Do you think the 9th place Big east team is better than Iona? If you follow that line of thinking them no mid major would make it into the NCAA tournament.
    Currently six Big East teams have better RPIs than Iona but two more are five or fewer spots behind Iona and could pass Iona if Iona loses. Iona is 41st and the ninth best Big East team is Seton Hall in 60th.

Iona has no shot of getting into the Big Dance...They lost to us and Siena that alone should knock them out...Right Jack?

HUSID80 tim Cluess's point was that the Big east should not have 9 teams going to the big dance. I agree that its NIT for Iona but if Miami or Hall get in you have to scratch your head on that one. Just follow the $$$$$$$$.
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most!

They have way to many bad losses and no good wins. Cluess can talk all he wants but they have no resume.

Quote Originally Posted by jaspegs View Post
    They have way to many bad losses and no good wins. Cluess can talk all he wants but they have no resume.
    Normally I would agree with this, but I think they have a shot at making the dance this year. The RPI is good, They easily won the regular season, and they have some decent OOC wins. Reminds me of the '95 Manhattan team that got an at-large from the MAAC. VCU got in last year with a weaker profile IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchmen View Post
    Normally I would agree with this, but I think they have a shot at making the dance this year. The RPI is good, They easily won the regular season, and they have some decent OOC wins. Reminds me of the '95 Manhattan team that got an at-large from the MAAC. VCU got in last year with a weaker profile IMO.
    If Iona does get an at large and the MAAC becomes a two bid league it starts to look like an even better option.

Quote Originally Posted by HU76 View Post
    If Iona does get an at large and the MAAC becomes a two bid league it starts to look like an even better option.
    That's a big if. Let's see it happen first.

We could instead see the MAAC regular season champ headed for the NIT while CAA regular season champ might get an at-large.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Pride Fan View Post

We could instead see the MAAC regular season champ headed for the NIT while CAA regular season champ might get an at-large.
    Not the I like Lunardi's picking, but he had Drexel as one of the last four in while Iona isn't even one of the first four out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Proud Pride Fan View Post

Or it could very well be the other way around. Imagine the lowly MAAC with two bids and the fantastic CAA with one.