HU
JMU
NU
TU
UNCW
WM

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Default Re: OT: Armed suspect, possible hostage situation at ECU

well there goes Memphis. Say good bye to your artificially high RPI every year. HAHA

Cool, neat story except that they haven't been the top team in CUSA in 4 years. Not that it matters much anymore, CUSA as we know it is done anyway. There's talk of the Alliance becoming an all sports conference which would mean games with UNLV, New Mexico, Nevada etc. Then there is the possiblity of USM, Marshall, UAB, ECU merging with some east coast teams in something different. I wouldn't get mouthy if I were a ODU fan, you might very well end up in a conference with us and several other CUSA schools before it's said and done. Football still drives the bus and you didn't start a football program to play D2.

I would rather stay D2 than go to your garbage conference with it's giant footprint and no chance at a worthwhile bowl game.

I'm not any more excited about it than you either and you might not like it however you're administration would probably like the check for $5 million we were getting from CUSA more than the one for 700k you got from the CAA. Money talks and BS walks. If we do merge with the MWC as far as basketball, travel would be a bitch but they are 5th in the RPI and CUSA is 9th. Not really a lot of difference than when we were flying to Wisconsin and Texas in CUSA and no one bitched about playing in the same divsion as Marquette/Depaul/St Louis.
    Last edited by StillJonesn; 02-07-2012 at 09:29 PM.